IGNORED

UnRally XVI 2017

TyTass

Two weeks from today and most reading this will have arrived at Fontana Village Resort to commence UN XVI 2017. Less than three weeks it’ll all be over. We’ll then be reflecting on what a good time we all had together ... the sights ... the roads ... the food ... but most of all, the people!

While the UnRally traditionally doesn’t have but one essential event, the UnRally group meal, that doesn’t mean there cannot be any other ‘events’ planned or set up ad hoc. I mean after all is said and done, what’s the point of the UnRally if not to actually meet folks that are part of this community and share in a great time.

To that end, my co-conspirators and I have not only chosen a venue we believe will be provide plenty of things for folks to do in small groups through the days and evenings, but will more importantly allow us to comfortably get together as a whole. So, we have scheduled two group events and set them to occur early enough during the UN in time for new & old friends make plans to actually DO something together. Below is some info about how to get started at the UN and those two events.

UNRALLY XVI Welcome/Registration Table: Main Lobby (schedule below)

• After checking in with the Resort, look for the Welcome/Registration table. It will be flanked by a poster and a white board. The poster will note the Welcome/Registration Hours and the white board is for updates from the host team and for attendees to write each other notes as well.
  • Come by the Welcome/Registration Table during the posted hours and the host team will quickly check you in and hand you your pre-packed swag bag, with your swag and T-shirt(s) already inside. No waiting for us to locate your T-Shirt size(s), additional purchases, etc.
  • Hours:
    • Mon 26th @ 2:00-6:00 pm
    • Tue 27th @ 7:30-8:30 am
    • Tue 27th @ 5:00-6:30 pm
    • Wed 28th @ TBD

Meet-&-Greet Soiree: Mon 26th on the Lodge Pool Deck at TBD pm

• We’re kicking things off Monday night out on the pool deck. There’s be a cash bar and some finger foods for a nosh (not a meal) set up under the Balcony. The pool deck will have plenty of seating and quite a few tables. New for 2017 is a gas fire pit on the pool deck.

Group Meal: Wed 28th in the Events Hall (next door to the Wildwood Grille) at 6:30 PM

• In the south, and Carolina in particular, BBQ means Pig! So we’ll be partaking in a Carolina-style Whole Pig Pickin’ feast, with southern picnic sides and dessert. Cocktails, beer, & wines may be purchased next door at the Wildwood Grill.
  • Note: There will be some grilled chicken breasts available for those who can’t eat pork. Keep in mind, the chicken is not a 2nd meat for everyone.

Edited by TyTass

If there is gaiety and frivolity count me in!

I will be easy to spot just look for the long haired fellow standing next to Fast Larry.

I will be easy to spot just look for the long haired fellow standing next to Fast Larry.

If that is Gaelic for chicken wings and meatballs, then yes.

If that is Gaelic for chicken wings and meatballs, then yes.

Mike, well they may put a little garlic in the meatballs, but I doubt the chicken wings will have garlic. Besides, garlic isn't conducive to either gaiety or frivolity ... however it's great for childishness.

FYI, I have 25 or so BMWST stickers I'll bring and have at the Welcome/Registration table. $2/ea. while they last. All the cool kids are getting them for their new Wethead sidecases. Don't miss out. You can put one right next to your Cage the Elephant sticker. :rofl:

Now I'm confused.

Is the elephant having wings and meatballs too....

I refuse to be involved in getting another elephant drunk.

I'm just saying.

Oh and I'll take a sticky or two.

This is what I almost know for certain....sort of...

Cagiva and Gaelic both have 6 letters in them.

They both begin with roundish looking letters too!

I see a pattern here.

And since Cagiva produced an Elephant and they once owned Ducati, I need to know if I need to park Sophia on the south side of the street when I arrive?

Edited by T.M. Roe
does the goat speak Gaelic?

And why wouldn't it?

That's just common sense.

Now your smellin' what I'm steppin' in.

And why wouldn't it?

As is the Whole BBQ pigs speaking Pig Latin.

Edited by TyTass

And why wouldn't it?

As is the Whole BBQ pigs speaking Pig Latin.

Why not. Latin is a dead language and so are the pigs!

FYI, I have 25 or so BMWST stickers I'll bring and have at the Welcome/Registration table. $2/ea. while they last. All the cool kids are getting them for their new Wethead sidecases. Don't miss out. You can put one right next to your Cage the Elephant sticker. :rofl:

Hey Meester Greefster,

Sticky X2 for me por favor.

Hey Meester Greefster,

Sticky X2 for me por favor.

:thumbsup: