IGNORED

Count Down

TyTass

Imagine an Un with both Jake and Tommy on these sultry Italians.

They're trying not to think about it, and afterward they'll be trying to forgive and forget. I imagine that they'll be cutting off the inside track should either one of us venture near in case we feel inclined to do "that" again for old time's sake. Come to think of it, with your entourage around, they might not remember that we were even there.

Well, my vertigo has subsided to the point I can once again crawl around and underneath my GSA. So, it's time to finish it off and GET THE TRAILER READY.

:jaw: I know, I know ... WTF? I only have 550 miles to go.

Well, besides having quite a few boxes to bring and a few more to pick up along the way (T-Shirts), it just how we roll. Get over it. :revit:

New tars are on. Brake flush. Computer reset. New oil and filter. Modified shelf over gps. Gonna work on an upgrade to my Veskimo cooling system today. Then start getting stuff ready. Might leave this Tuesday am and go into West Virginia for a few days first.

steve.foote

I'm thinking strongly about doing the same. It would be nice to have the jeep up there for the week.

I am riding the bike in but have my wife driving the truck with the trailer on it. Instead of a motorcycle on the trailer, I will have two Yamaha Jet Skis with me. We are at the lake right? :clap:

I am riding the bike in but have my wife driving the truck with the trailer on it. Instead of a motorcycle on the trailer, I will have two Yamaha Jet Skis with me. We are at the lake right? :clap:

Uh, not really. I don't think it's terribly far, though.

Uh, not really. I don't think it's terribly far, though.

It appears that the marina is about 2 miles from the hotel.

It is close enough, Fontana is a great lake to go out on. There is very little traffic or development along the lake. Most of the shoreline is Smokey MT National Park. I figure this will give my wife something different for a day.

It is close enough, Fontana is a great lake to go out on. There is very little traffic or development along the lake. Most of the shoreline is Smokey MT National Park. I figure this will give my wife something different for a day.

Sounds like a good plan. It'll also be one less day that you sneak up behind folks with your lights a-flashin'!

Bike serviced and test ridden. Sena Bluetooth headsets paired, GPS loaded with routes for the UnRally and to and from.

Time to start packing. Departure on Friday at the crack of dawn, or maybe before. It will be a interesting trip.

See all at the Un. :wave:

As Paul used to suggest ... decrease the use of the right hand to get more life out of the rear tire. Or not!

Better get busy and fill in your short-timers calendar.

Goodness! One week and a wake up! I guess I'd best get my bike back together, too.

There is a term I haven't heard in a long time.

My short timers calendar ran out in 1998

With a handle like LtlJohn, every calendar is a short timers calendar...

[With a handle like LtlJohn, every calendar is a short timers calendar...

At least I fit in my rack and didn't bang my head on things unless I was attacked.

Those coming from the near gulf states may wish to keep an eye on this little bugger (since the outer bands are hitting my building this morning). Remember, it has been said that skin is waterproof.

two_atl_5d0.png

[With a handle like LtlJohn, every calendar is a short timers calendar...

At least I fit in my rack and didn't bang my head on things unless I was attacked.

Careful,I was once so short I broke my leg jumping off a dime., :rofl:

Edited by Bud

Short? Why I'm so short I can walk under a piss ant. :grin:

Leaving Saturday at dawn heading east from Tulsa through the

twistys of Arkansas into Tennessee.

Ya'll welcome to join me.

Gonna pair my phone,gps,bike,helmet again and see I can take/make phone calls again. This bluetooth tech is less than reliable....

Pretty much loaded and getting ready to test my cooling kit with upgraded pump and make sure the luggage is fastened properly. I usually take a 50 mile or so ride before a trip to test everything. I'll need to scrub the new tars a bit too. Then fill up the tank and park it. One more look over it and I'll be ready for 4am Tuesday launch!

DSC02086_zpswb0o1j7w.jpg

Nothing like an early morning start on a bike trip. Dark, air is cool, traffic light. That first tank of gas goes so fast and you're 200 miles down the road. Later, when it's hot and you are in traffic cooking it is less great-but still great!

Larry

I hope all of you have a great time! Ride within yourself and don't do anything stupid. :-)

55831014.jpg

Strange highway pegs. :rofl:

I washed the bike today. That can mean only one thing. I've completely run out of actual things to do to get ready for UN 2017. :burnout::bike:

I washed the bike today. That can mean only one thing. I've completely run out of actual things to do to get ready for UN 2017. :burnout::bike:

OR that you are wanting it to rain during the event.

So, if I'm washing my bike today as well ... and it is already raining ... is that doubling-down?

OR that you are wanting it to rain during the event.

So, if I'm washing my bike today as well ... and it is already raining ... is that doubling-down?

I don't think though, Craig. If it rains it is Mike's fault since he washed his bike first. LOL

So now we can all wash our bikes worry free. LOL

Oh shucks, it is starting to rain again, I better wait till I get home from the UnRally.

lawnchairboy

it won't rain in my trailer.

is it time to leave yet? :lurk:

Edited by lawnchairboy

Tropical Storm Cindy is supposed to dump 3-5" on Nashville by early Saturday morning. I'm just trying to speed it up and get it out of here. :grin:

Tropical Storm Cindy is supposed to dump 3-5" on Nashville by early Saturday morning. I'm just trying to speed it up and get it out of here. :grin:

Thanks 😂

Mike -

You can always ride up here and wash my bike. That will

a) give you something to do to get ready for the UN and

b) get you away from Tropical Storm Cindy!

just trying to be helpful.... :rofl:

Jim

I say "washed". To be fair, it's really about knocking the bug crud off the front end. I lose interest in about 3 minutes.

I say "washed". To be fair, it's really about knocking the bug crud off the front end. I lose interest in about 3 minutes.

Yeah, that about sums it up for me, too. I call it detailing my bike when I spend more than 10 minutes on it.

Edited by TyTass

Not sure where to put this, but here is probably as good as anywhere

I am bringing a NoMar tire changer. I probably have all the tools to do any tire change. But there is always that one bike that is different (think 422mm socket for a ducati)

I have all the sockets for caliper removal, should have all socket sizes for front axle and the Torx sockets for the newer models. If you have a need for a tire change, and think your bike might have something unique PM me let me know what it is and I will make sure to have the correct tool.

I have tire changer, air pump, impact wrench, replacement valve stems, and wheel weights.

Again if you think you need anything PM me and I most likely have it.

see you at the UN

Not sure where to put this, but here is probably as good as anywhere

I am bringing a NoMar tire changer. I probably have all the tools to do any tire change. But there is always that one bike that is different (think 422mm socket for a ducati)

I have all the sockets for caliper removal, should have all socket sizes for front axle and the Torx sockets for the newer models. If you have a need for a tire change, and think your bike might have something unique PM me let me know what it is and I will make sure to have the correct tool.

I have tire changer, air pump, impact wrench, replacement valve stems, and wheel weights.

Again if you think you need anything PM me and I most likely have it.

see you at the UN

That's awesome, randy! On behalf of everyone ... thanks! :thumbsup:

New TARS on and I cleaned the rims, is that a bad thing for a GSA :dopeslap:

My clean rims really pop when the bike is loaded on the trailer. :facepalm:

Alas ... I have a covered trailer ... no one gets to see my bike. But the good side is that no one gets to see I have a BMW on a trailer! :thumbsup:

Edited by TyTass

Alas ... I have a covered trailer ...

Mine's lighter. ;)

Yes. :cry:

On another note Bob (endobobdds) popped by my place this morning, and he installed his new Sena 10S in his helmet, so we're good to go in that respect. My tars were new for START, so they're good to go (added air yesterday), and the tank's full. Ready to hit the road tomorrow - destination Boone, NC. We won't decide our route until later tonight, but we may just take a slow, lazy sojourn down Skyline Drive, and the BRP. Weather looks good, once we get through Friday and Saturday.

Edited by marcopolo

I've been trying to get in an hour of seat time daily for the past week, frustrated by rain yesterday and today. Tomorrow's weather forecast looks a little better, and Monday-Friday next week are about as good as you can hope for in the southeast.

Last year, I offered my wife an opportunity to fly to Denver, then ride to Red Lodge. She declined, but this year she will have an opportunity for the full UnRally experience.

You know the drill: A clean GS is a dirty shame. :rofl: