IGNORED

Recommendations For R90S Tankbag ??

MotorsISP

Howdy

Going to pick up my "new" R90S this summer and plan on riding it home accross country to the Northwest. Would you help a fellow rider by making a suggestion for a magnetic or non-magnetic tank bag ??

Don't need a super large bag, just something to keep some riding essentials. Something on a narrow plane would be nice. If I do go the magnetic route I will have 3M film applied to the top of the tank.

Thanks in advance from a new member.

Howdy back at ya.

Nice bike! With a flat-ish tank a nice choice might be this 10-liter bag from RKA. I chose it over the excellent Wolfman bags as it was a bit narrower, yet provides all the room I need, plus expandability.

I also have a small Cortech magnetic bag which really has worked well on my R90. I tied off the front to the steering damper knob and it stays quite secure. If you just need something small, they might have what you are looking for.

Good luck.

I owned that bag for about 10 years...couldn't wear it out but finally let it go on a bike I traded in...The clear plastic map cover cracked in about year 7. I tried to buy a new one from Richard......but no.....he insisted on sending it to me for free as a warranty item. Good company good products great service.

Agree on the RKA product. The good thing is, they make them in many sizes to suit most riders needs. Go with the magnetic, it's just easier .

Hi,

Sent you a PM on a couple tankbags I have.

One RKA,one RevPak

Click on flashing red envelope link towards top of page.

JR356

Hi

Thanks for the comments and suggestions. Since the top of the tank is going to need a small bit of plastic surgery (repair painting to be completed by Craig of Paintworks, in Loves Park, IL).

Even if I decide not to go with a magnetic tank bag I will have Craig apply some 3M Protective Film on top of the tank.