IGNORED

Windshield will go up but not down??

ahirsch

Hi all,

2006 1200 RT with 20,000 miles. Currently the shield is in mid position so I do not want to raise it anymore. That being said the shield will not go down? Switch? Any ideas would be great. Thank you!

I have done a search and found others with similar problems. The solution on the search was to hold switch down while turning key on. Did not work for me.

Hi all,

2006 1200 RT with 20,000 miles. Currently the shield is in mid position so I do not want to raise it anymore. That being said the shield will not go down? Switch? Any ideas would be great. Thank you!

I have done a search and found others with similar problems. The solution on the search was to hold switch down while turning key on. Did not work for me.

Morning ahirsch

It could be the switch, or could be the ZFE module (module itself or firmware), or could be a broken wire, or could be a bad actuator, or could be ??????????

Without a GS-911 or dealer computer it is a guessing game. (even with test equipment it can be a difficult diagnosis on these electronic marvels)

You can T-R-Y a 30 minute battery disconnect/ then re-connect (doubtful, but it might unlock the system)-- Just be sure to do a new TPS re-learn after battery re-connect.

About all you can do without testing equipment is ohm out the switch & verify all the wiring is in good shape with no opens or shorts.

• 4 weeks later...

Mine wouldn't go down when the upper arm on the windshield mount broke. I got aluminum ones.

Curious what you found.