IGNORED

CIMT Motorcycle Tours

I don't know them personally and I have never taken a guided tour with anybody, any where.

But there was a very nice 2 part write up in the BMW-MOA ON magazine in April and May 2017. They used "Hear the Road Motorcycle Tours Italy" (http://motorcycletoursitaly.com/) to tour the Tuscany.

As I said I don't know the folks and I have never used them, but the article was very complimentary of the tour company.

tagest on ADV lives in Italy. He is a mod and I have stayed with he and his wife in their B and B. He will have the answer. Great guy!

Francois_Dumas

Hi Selden, CIMT are a good company, so is Hear the Road. I live in central Italy myself now and know both of them. I have ridden with Enrico (of Hear the Road) and he rents his customer's motorcycles at CIMT, as do I.

Enrico is a wonderful guide and very pleasant person, speaking English very well. I'd check him out first. If he is booked, I'd go with CIMT if their tours appeal to you.

Feel free to contact me personally for any other information on Italy..... I am not guiding myself very much anymore (too busy with other things), but always happy to help !

• 7 months later...

Not enough people inquired about the CIMT Tuscany tour, so instead we're going on a tour of Amalfi and the southern coasts May 6-13. So far, 4 couples (including my wife and me) are signed up (still room for more). We plan to fly over early to get over jet lag, and take the train up to Florence to stay a few nights at a friend's flat. I've never really ridden in the south, so almost everything will be new for me, and I hope it will be less crowded than Tuscany.

mappa_coast_2_coast.jpg

Pam has been studying Italian, and will probably take the lead on interpretation, as I decided to take intermediate Arabic at University of North Georgia this spring, and it's pushing everything else out of my mind. Classes 5 days a week, and prep requires 2-3 hours/day to keep up. My head hurts.

.......so instead we're going on a tour of Amalfi and the southern coasts...... .....Pam has been studying Italian, and will probably take the lead on interpretation, as I decided to take intermediate Arabic at University of North Georgia this spring, and it's pushing everything else out of my mind. Classes 5 days a week, and prep requires 2-3 hours/day to keep up. My head hurts.

Amalfi coast is fantastic! My wife and I drove it in a rental car about 20 years ago, I am very impressed with Pam and your learning another language - don't think I could possibly to that anymore.

Wow Selden - Looks like an awesome trip. Been many years since I've been out that way, but loved it. Good on you for taking up the language challenge.

Have a great trip!

• 4 weeks later...
Francois_Dumas

Looks like you are going to be further south than initially planned. Some of the places will be less crowded than Tuscany..... but the Amalfi coast and Naples/Salerno area most certainly not ;-) Looks like an interesting route. We'll be on the road ourselves March and April, but back in Umbria in May most likely. Keep us posted of your whereabouts.... who knows :-)

Looks like a great route. Hope the weather cooperates.

Driving previously in Tuscany and the Cinque Terre I was impressed by how "tuned in" the drivers were to the motorcycles squeezing along on the yellow line with traffic going (what seemed like) inches away. Not unlike lane splitting in California.

Mike Cassidy