IGNORED

Where to buy auto parts?

elkroeger

Not every car part is available at NAPA, Oreilly, or the dealer. I've had mixed results on ebay and at junk yards.

Do you have another favorite resource?

(I've got a 1990s isuzu, and a 1980s volkswagen)

For VWs you might try ECSTuning.com or Parts4VWs.com or GermanAutoParts.com. There are others but it appears they cater to the newer VWs.

szurszewski
For VWs you might try ECSTuning.com or Parts4VWs.com or GermanAutoParts.com. There are others but it appears they cater to the newer VWs.

ECS is great, but they are not cheap and they primarily cater to "newer" (like 2000 and up) German cars (I used them many times for BMW parts).

ECS is great, but they are not cheap and they primarily cater to "newer" (like 2000 and up) German cars (I used them many times for BMW parts).

On their website ECS indicates that for the Golf/Rabbit that go back to the Mk1 (1975 to start) and the Jetta to the Mk1 (1980 start), but yeah the Beetles are only the newer ones

szurszewski

On their website ECS indicates that for the Golf/Rabbit that go back to the Mk1 (1975 to start) and the Jetta to the Mk1 (1980 start), but yeah the Beetles are only the newer ones

Oh cool - I stand corrected. :)