IGNORED

Count Down

TyTass

Bike, house, and all must do things completed - Mark and I both depart our respective homes at 6:00 AM (likely) in the rain and meet at our usual gas station/McDonalds in Front Royal, VA by 7:30. Looks like rain most of the day on our way to Boone, NC for the night and then back roads to Fontana Resort on Saturday.

Ghosts of UN's past.

11dSageRiderGetsKneeDown-L.jpg

11fCamera4-L.jpg

Almost ten years ago

Good to see the anticipation and wishing you all a great week of riding. :clap:

We have liftoff. I'm bringing a couple of my Latino friends straight outta Miami - Mr. Padron and Mr. Casamigos. I hope you don't mind that they're not registered.

i-Xst6PWd-M.jpg

Ghosts of UN's past.

11dSageRiderGetsKneeDown-L.jpg

11fCamera4-L.jpg

Almost ten years ago

Good to see the anticipation and wishing you all a great week of riding. :clap:

To paraphrase a meme: This picture is useless without names :dontknow:

lawnchairboy

We arrive tomorrow evening, have a cabin and a mini keggar of Norfolk's finest Black IPA. Bring a cup, I'll fill it.

We'll be in sometime in the early afternoon. Gotta pick up T-shirts along the way. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Edited by TyTass
Joe Frickin' Friday

Leaving tomorrow morning, 7:30AM, picking up Burt in Cincinnati; see you early birds tomorrow evening.

Weird, gonna be about 50F when I depart; who woulda thunk I'd need the Gerbings in late June? :eek:

Humpty-Dumpty is back together . . More or less.

Need to attach Tupperware and go for a test ride yet tonight.

Then dig out side cases and pack.

I guess I better put a route together too. Still hope to lift off tomorrow.

Ya'll leave the light on, OK?

Leaving Cincy Monday morning about 6:30 AM, Getting my list punched out. For a 4 or five day solo trip sure can travel light. My last 2 west coast swings I carried along full cold weather gear for two (and needed it a few times). Should arrive early afternoon if I keep up a good pace. Weather heading out of town looks to be superb-less so coming home.

I'm getting off I-75 at TN68 and taking the Cherohola Skyway to Fontana Dam. Should be a blast after slabbing for 4 hours or so.

Edited by fastlarry

Miraculous change in the weather forecast.

HP.png

We are hitting the road Monday morning, as soon as daughter and her boyfriend leave to drive back to Delaware.

I'm leaving for a tune up ride in a few minutes.

Pulling out about 11AM this AM. Taking the ATL crew scenic route up: Blood Mountain, Wolf Pen Gap, Richard B Russell, Warwoman, then on to Fontana. Ride safe everyone.

Leaving West Lafayette at 5 dark thirty Monday. Riding buddy called this morning and wants accompany me. I have room at the hotel hope its OK to add last minute rider..

... wants accompany me. I have room at the hotel hope its OK to add last minute rider..

I hope it's okay too. My brother-in-law (former Marine, HD rider) informed me he's going on the trip with me. What's an old Air Force guy supposed to say. :/

Leaving around 0630 tomorrow and meeting up with him in Montgomery.

See y'all tomorrow!

Hey, who's turn was it to watch Marty?!! I found him wandering around in Dahlonega. Goodness you people. (We ran into Selden too, but no one has to watch him.)

2017062514173061-IMG_2524-L.jpg

He sends along his greetings and best wishes to most of you. ;-)

On my way, bike and trailer in tow.

Hmmm. A vehicle towing a trailer with an RT passed us between Indy and Cincinnati this afternoon. Did you pass a couple of bikes with Minnesota plates? An orange Kawasaki Versys and a blue R1100RT?

On my way, bike and trailer in tow.

Hmmm. A vehicle towing a trailer with an RT passed us between Indy and Cincinnati this afternoon. Did you pass a couple of bikes with Minnesota plates? An orange Kawasaki Versys and a blue R1100RT?

I did indeed!! Good looking bikes!

Hey, who's turn was it to watch Marty?!! I found him wandering around in Dahlonega. Goodness you people. (We ran into Selden too, but no one has to watch him.)

Hah! Tell that to my wife. After a gloomy, wet, humid week, it dawned clear and cool this morning, 63°. Considering this is end of June in the southeast, I'm amazed that the weather will be comparable to Red Lodge last year.

Bike is packed, tires and oil checked, and We plan to hit the road ~8:00, ride to Blairsville for breakfast at the Hole in the Wall, then on to Tellico Plains and the Cherohala Skyway.

Overnighted in Wytheville, Virginia. Been in West Virginia for a few days. Headed out shortly. See Y'all there!

I'm rolling out in a few minutes. I should be there in about 6 hours or so.

Lester - You made it! :clap::wave::rofl: