IGNORED

Tenerife

Steve1962

Thought I'd share a few snaps from my recent short break in Tenerife.......

Former coastal defence castillo, now converted to an art gallery.

IMG_1003.jpg

Patchwork quilt covering this property, also saw some adorning palm trees in the square close by...

IMG_1012.jpg

Anybody seen my surfboard.......

IMG_1238.jpg

I went for a dip in here, very invigorating.....IMG_1218.jpg

Saw a bit of wildlife too....... IMG_1135.jpg

IMG_1056.jpg

This fella was people watching.....

IMG_1014-XL.jpg

Some of the waves were quite dramatic....

IMG_1217.jpg

We stayed in Puerto de la Cruz in the north of the island and had a lovely time.

Steve

We didn't venture too far from the hotel, just the 10 min walk into Puerto de la Cruz, but there's plenty to see and do.

The weather in the north tends to be a bit more inclement - we had four days of sunshine out of six, but even when cloudy the temp was warm.

A few more snaps.......

These were just behind the castillo........

IMG_0998.jpg

By the old harbour.......

IMG_1049.jpg

Pretty front to this property, typical of the area.....

IMG_1051.jpg

Look at the top of the image.....

IMG_1145.jpg

Detail on a cannon.......

IMG_1174.jpg

"No, I do not know where Marty Hill is".......... :rofl:

IMG_1208.jpg

Mount Teide, volcano.

IMG_1232.jpg

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in san francisco till tomorrow, then flying to atlanta and getting ready for New England and Europe. :grin:

Francois_Dumas

Great pics Steve.... good to see you here ! We spent a week on the main island, driving an old Suzuki Samurai around... quite a few years ago! Good memories ! :-)

I'm in san francisco till tomorrow, then flying to atlanta and getting ready for New England and Europe. :grin:

Another invasion........... :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Keep it sunny side up Marty.

Steve

Great pics Steve.... good to see you here ! We spent a week on the main island, driving an old Suzuki Samurai around... quite a few years ago! Good memories ! :-)

Hi Francois,

Hows things with you ?

Speaking of Suzuki, am picking up a 3 yr old 1.6 petrol SX4 (20k on the clock) on saturday ....... - already have the 1.3ddis Swift (2008) which has proved a prudent purchase so hopefully we should have many miles of trouble free travel ahead .

Steve

Edited by Steve1962

Steve

I'll keep coming unless they stop me at the border! If I am near the UK, I'll give a shout. :wave:

Steve

I'll keep coming unless they stop me at the border! If I am near the UK, I'll give a shout. :wave:

Marty,

Bring some decent weather please, I think we just used ours up!!

Steve

That's what I'm afraid of. Remember last time I left the bike at the hotel and rented a car due to the never ending rain. :dopeslap:

That's what I'm afraid of. Remember last time I left the bike at the hotel and rented a car due to the never ending rain. :dopeslap:

Hey,

Fancy coming all the way to Blighty and then complaining about the weather - how dare you .........we are the world champions of complaining about the weather (that, and standing in queues :rofl::rofl::rofl:)

Steve

Lone_RT_rider
I qualify. Grandmother was from London.

Marty Hill..... relatives from London.... You didn't have a cousin named Benny, didja? It suuuuuuuure would explain a lot! :D

I qualify. Grandmother was from London.

Marty Hill..... relatives from London.... You didn't have a cousin named Benny, didja? It suuuuuuuure would explain a lot! :D

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Steve

• 2 weeks later...
Francois_Dumas

Hi Francois,

Hows things with you ?

Speaking of Suzuki, am picking up a 3 yr old 1.6 petrol SX4 (20k on the clock) on saturday ....... - already have the 1.3ddis Swift (2008) which has proved a prudent purchase so hopefully we should have many miles of trouble free travel ahead .

Steve

We're fine, Steve..... just bike-less for the moment. And we moved to Italy to retire :-)

Hope to get another bike this year still....

Hi Francois,

Hows things with you ?

Steve

We're fine, Steve..... just bike-less for the moment. And we moved to Italy to retire :-)

Hope to get another bike this year still....

Wow, that sounds fun.

Hope you are happy in your new home - got any pics to share?

Steve