IGNORED

New BMW Rider from So. Az

AzTom

Hello, new BMW rider from Tucson Az. Been riding for many years, lots of different bikes. Always wanted a BMW. Sold my touring bike last December. I wanted to replace it with a good handling, good braking and relatively quick bike. I know I wanted an "R" bike with an upright riding position and not a lot of fairing around me, although I did want a windshield. I set my sights on either a R1150R or a R1150GS. Within a week after the last touring bike was sold, I was the proud owner of a '06 R1200GS that had reasonable amount of miles, well taken care of and pretty well equipped. I like how it handles, brakes and it has enough power for this seasoned grey haired rider. :Cool:

Edited by AzTom

Congrats. Make sure the recalls have all been taken care of. Fuel pump, rear flange, and a couple of others I think.

Congrats. Make sure the recalls have all been taken care of. Fuel pump, rear flange, and a couple of others I think.

John,

Thanks for the reply. The guy I bought it from used to work at the local BMW dealer it came from. I know he did some significant maintenance as he planned on keeping it until he happened upon a triple black GS. I think I will stop by the local dealer and see what my VIN number has had done to it. Thanks for the suggestion.

Tom

Welcome - I think you will really like the GS - most that I hear from love theirs.

Sonor, thanks for the welcome! So far I like the GS pretty well. I'm getting ready to take it up to Colorado to visit family. I've made this trip many times on my other bikes, it will be interesting to see how I do on the GS.

Tom