IGNORED

Ram mount options for 96 R1100RS

Bubbadozer

I have a Garmin 665LM I'm going to mount to the BMW, and want to know what mounting options there are for this bike. Pics would be great too;)).

Thanks in advance,

Scott

Edited by Bubbadozer
I have a Garmin 665LM I'm going to mount to the BMW, and want to know what mounting options there are for this bike. Pics would be great too;)).

Thanks in advance,

Scott

Morning Scott

It would help if you told us where you wanted to mount the GPS, if you intend to use a large tankbag, etc.

Lots of mounting options depending on where you want to mount the GPS.

The RAM ball that mounts into one of the handlebar bolts is a good option. You will also need the cradle that fits that GPS and an arm.

Do you by chance have a picture? I have lots of mounts I have from past bikes in a box, and would like to maybe use one, but am st s loss as to where.

Thanks for the response,

Scott

Afternoon Scott

Your 1100S doesn't use conventional handlebars (basically clip on's) so you will probably need a 1" ball on an "L" arm or a 1" ball on a 45° angle arm.

You haven't told us were you want to mount the GPS??????

You can't really mount it centered as that will block the dash & gauges. Too far off center or too high & it will hit the windscreen.

I usually mount a GPS on the 1100S about like I mount them on a Ducati.

I want to know what my options are. I am not sure where I want it, as it somewhat depends on what I'm limited to.

Scott

Thanks in advance,

Scott

I have a 04R1100S and use two Techmounts 4-21005 mounts that screw into the top of the fork tubes. These have a 17mm ball that I then have tow different mounts for my radar detector and my TomTom 400 GPS. Maybe something like this would work for you. Look into Techmounts.com, then look up this part number. This is a dealer in Kent, WA. Good Luck

I have 3 ram mounts on mine (no idea how to post a picture...); all three are the RAM Mount Mini Motorcycle Mount Base 9mm Hole RAM-B-272U.

Two are located either side of the Upper Fork Cross Brace (i.e., I replaced the horizontal M8x30 bolts for longer ones (obviously applied lock tight and torque...) and mounted the RAM mounts pointing upwards/somewhat angled and outwards, and the third one I mounted on an extra long bolt that I used on the R1150RS windshield adaptor plate. Works well (although the windshield mounting arrangement is only good for light objects).

I have 3 ram mounts on mine (no idea how to post a picture...); all three are the RAM Mount Mini Motorcycle Mount Base 9mm Hole RAM-B-272U.

Afternoon Erable

That B-272U is the 45° ball mount that I usually use on Ducati's & is about the most versatile as to mounting angles & locations.