IGNORED

Could happen to anyone

Whip

My V1 needs another arrow

146 mph hour is crazy/stupid fast in traffic, but any modern sport bike can easily cross into triple digits during just about any overtaking on our country's highways and byways.

I think we are living in the golden age of technology for motorcycles.

Whizbang gizmos and power I never dreamed of.

Edited by Whip
My V1 needs another arrow

146 mph hour is crazy/stupid fast in traffic, but any modern sport bike can easily cross into triple digits during just about any overtaking on our country's highways and byways.

I think we are living in the golden age of technology for motorcycles.

Whizbang gizmos and power I never dreamed of. :

I continue to be amazed at the ever advancing capabilities of motorcycles both in terms of useful everyday capabilities and the performance extremes. When I first stated riding sub 13 second quarter mile times and 130 MPH was some amazing stuff, now I bet some mega scooter could match or exceed that. Kawasaki's H2R out of the showroom will top out at around 250 MPH (400 KPH for our metric minded folks) WOW!

Good thing it is a limited production special order machine priced at $55K. If for nothing else it keeps a lot of squid riders stuck with sub 200 MPH machines for their safety :facepalm:

Bill_Walker

California Highway Patrol has been using airplanes for speed enforcement on rural highways for decades. But they are required to post a sign saying "Speed checked by aircraft" or similar.

From the article: "The driver was ticketed on suspicion of speeding, careless driving, driving with a suspended license and having an unregistered motorcycle."

Clearly, this is a guy who doesn't give a damn about rules.

Yeeha! Stephen

Saw New Mexico doing that on US64 between Clayton and Raton.

Airplane was clocking and Trooper cars were stopping just outside of Raton city limits.

Aircraft was flying in the sun and I saw it's shadow pass over me. Got a creepy feeling and maintained myself and saw the carnage of the unwary near Raton. Whew!