IGNORED

MOA National

We plan on enjoying Utah at the rally, but wondering how screaming hot is Southern Utah mid July? So many good looking roads on the map. Can we ride or will we fry?

Can be high 90's to low 100's,it's a dry heat as they say😁

Key is hydration,get a 2-3 liter Camelbak or similar hydration pack and keep sipping as you ride.You should be urinating clear to light yellow,anything darker means you are not hydrating enough.

You also need to supplement the water with occasional electrolyte drink.

Maybe invest in a cooling vest,they work well for up to a couple hours in the dry desert heat,not so much in humid areas.Need to re soak them every couple hours.

Get up and ride in early am and get off the road by 1-2 pm.

I'll be there!

JR356

I camped last year.

This year I checked out a satellite view of the site. Looks a little light on trees and shade.

Checked out the weather in couple places, like here and here.

Chickened out and booked a hotel.

Now I think I over-reacted. That low humidity is looking really good compared to Ohio.

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody headed to the MOA from Michigan? I will be leaving from Petoskey, and would not mind a riding partner or two.

• 1 month later...

Is there any attempt to roughly camp together as a BMW ST group. The rally site has sanctioned club camping area, but not appropriate for us satellite groups.

Is there any attempt to roughly camp together as a BMW ST group. The rally site has sanctioned club camping area, but not appropriate for us satellite groups.

Only takes 10 MOA members to found a Chartered Club! Then BMWST could have a place at the sanctioned club camping area! Clubs can be "virtual" like the GS Giants.

After years of viewing tales of BMWST gatherings, I'm not sure it's legal to convene 10 or more ST members in some states.

After years of viewing tales of BMWST gatherings, I'm not sure it's legal to convene 10 or more ST members in some states.

You misunderstood. It only takes 10 to charter the club with the MOA.

How many show up in any one state is another matter. :rofl: