Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#991685 - 07/07/17 02:19 PM Re: UnRally XVI 2017 - UN-Photos [Re: TyTass]  
TyTass Offline
TyTass  Offline

VA BEACH VA
WEDNESDAY DAY RIDE ...

The host team thought we'd get an organizer's ride in since our plans to do that Monday were thwarted. We needed to get an early start because Matt needed to return to Fontana before his son Nathan was dropped off there by his grandmother. However, true to form, we didn't get off before 10:00 am. Imagine that! smirk

So, Alan, Mike & Nicol, Matt, Terri & I decided to do a very short day. Our plan was to do Dragon the Line, but in reverse. That would permit Matt to join us for HellBender and the Dragon, where Matt could then turn around to go meet up with Nathan and get him settled in. That would allow the remaining 5 of us time to finish the route and get back to Fontana in time to ensure the group dinner preparations were progressing as planned.

HellBender was a hoot as always, and it's best taken in the morning going west when the sun is at your back. The Dragon was unfortunately a bit crowded and we all got separated when Matt correctly chose to surf a while on a pull-off to allow the slower cars & bikes ahead of us to move on. We then had a good ride from that point forward. Again, I hope the video I took from behind Matt came out good, but I was having issues with my GoPro remote. So, we'll see.

Eventually we parted company with Matt, and the remaining 5 of us went on to Tellico Grains for lunch. We bumped into Roger and Leslie leaving the parking lot, Leslie mounting her badass Spyder! We also bumped into Selden & Pamela leaving the joint.

We had a superb lunch, leaving nothing but crumbs on our plates, to say nothing of our slobber and drool all over the baked goods case. We then headed out on the Skyway. It was largely clear so we had a great ride with only a few 2-line passes. We'd agreed that we were going to stop somewhere in the middle of the Skyway to take pictures at a good overlook as well as to have a bathroom break. After all, we were riding with Alan, who has a bladder the size of a walnut (according to him). I exited the Skyway 3 times, but each overlook was worse than the first. Eventually we found a decent enough pullout, but with no facilities. Alan made it though.

While these forested views may look all the same to some, Terri & I will never tire of these views or riding through green tunnels. (We are however tired of beaches.)

Mike & Nicole ...

Terri and me; where I'm displaying my rather disconnected, Bohemian warm weather riding gear fashions.

Three-fourths of the Beastie Boys; with me showing my new, still unblemmished, vented boots ... oft-referred to during the UN as my Storm Trooper boots (the kindest description from Matt), my Dancing with the Stars shoes (Mike's term), and my favorite from Michelle, Craig's Go-Go Boots!

Last edited by TyTass; 07/07/17 02:20 PM.

Craig
11 R1200GSA (aka Big Bird)
04 R1150RT (Sold)

"The fool, with all his other faults, has this also, he is always getting ready to live." Seneca
#991689 - 07/07/17 02:34 PM Re: UnRally XVI 2017 - UN-Photos [Re: TyTass]  
greiffster Offline
Administrator
greiffster  Offline

Administrator

Clarksville, Tennessee
Alan and I were the only ones brave enough to stand near the rock wall without our helmets on. rofl

-Mike
'08 GSA
"If I don't like it, I'm not blaming myself!"
K. Greiff
"Anything worth doing is worth overdoing."
M. Jagger
#991690 - 07/07/17 02:42 PM Re: UnRally XVI 2017 - UN-Photos [Re: TyTass]  
greiffster Offline
Administrator
greiffster  Offline

Administrator

Clarksville, Tennessee
Originally Posted By: TyTass
Three-fourths of the Beastie Boys; with me showing my new, still unblemmished, vented boots ... oft-referred to during the UN as my Storm Trooper boots (the kindest description from Matt), my Dancing with the Stars shoes (Mike's term), and my favorite from Michelle, Craig's Go-Go Boots!

Gregory Hines approved!

-Mike
'08 GSA
"If I don't like it, I'm not blaming myself!"
K. Greiff
"Anything worth doing is worth overdoing."
M. Jagger
#991691 - 07/07/17 02:44 PM Re: UnRally XVI 2017 - UN-Photos [Re: greiffster]  
realshelby Offline
realshelby  Offline

Houston, Tx
A couple scenes from the area.....

#991692 - 07/07/17 02:48 PM Re: UnRally XVI 2017 - UN-Photos [Re: Bernie]  
Endobobdds Offline
Endobobdds  Offline

Washington, DC
Originally Posted By: Bernie
Great tale, Craig. Keep it up and it is funny too. wave

Oh you forgot about Mike and Nicol. They also caught up to us at the pull out.

Creig,

Mark Mayhew and I were just a few minutes ahead of your group on Wayah Road that afternoon. The road was exceptionally clean, without traffic and a terrific way to end a great day of riding! Wish we had slowed down some to have our pictures taken with the group. Of course slowing down on a road like that is very hard for me to do. grin

Bob Smyth
K1200RS ('02 Black)
email: endobobdds@gmail.com
#991696 - 07/07/17 03:33 PM Re: UnRally XVI 2017 - UN-Photos [Re: Endobobdds]  
Bud Offline
95% of an RT
Bud  Offline
95% of an RT

Southern Illinois
Originally Posted By: Endobobdds
<snip> Of course slowing down on a road like that is very hard for me to do. grin

Ain't that the truth! I've tried to keep you in sight before. wave

95% of an RT.

I haven't had too many Beemers, I just don't have enough time.
#991702 - 07/07/17 03:56 PM Re: UnRally XVI 2017 - UN-Photos [Re: TyTass]  
TyTass Offline
TyTass  Offline

VA BEACH VA
WEDNESDAY GROUP MEAL ...

A Pig Pickin' Picnic, in keeping with the Smoky Mountains theme of the event, was what was up for supper. Terri snagged quite a few pics that I'm going to post. I'm sorry I do not recall the name of everyone in the photos, so if I confuse your name with someone else's face, or don't list you in a caption because I can't associate the name with your face, I apologize ahead of time. Please feel free to quote the pic and self-identify.

First a few pics of folks engaged in pre-supper conversation.

Dan & Mike ...

Barry & Jacqueline ..

Richard, Burt, Mitch, Robert, Susan ...

Christine & Mike, who's sporting one heck of a GREAT T-Shirt!

Vegatarians, please look away!

Bernie and his grandson, Tyler (not so sure about this pig pickin thing) ...

Pamela and Selden, wondering why a person is taking a picture of him eating ...

Matt and his son Nathan ...

Richard and Jacqueline ...

Leslie and Roger ...

Raan, Ken, and Leslie ...

Dave, Ken, & Kate ...

Larry, Tasker, and Mike ...

Dan & Michelle ...

Susan and Robert ...

Keith, Dale, and Gary ...

Great smiles! Jim, Nicol, and Mike ...

Corey, Brian, Nadine, and Lester ...

Deb & Al ...

Joel & Chris ...

D'Anna and Dave ...

Jim and Alexx ...

The inimitable Tommy and Delores!

Mark and Bernie ...

Dave and Barry ...

Ken, Ken's riding buddy (name?), and Bob ...

Thomas, Will, and Karen ...

Chris, Lynn, and Mark (I believe ... OMG I'm terrible with names!) ...

Mitch and Burt ...

Larry (I think I got that but correct me if not) and Perry ...

Pat and Terry ...

John, Karl, and Louise ...

Terry, Charles, and John ...

The very serious Steve and Sylvia ...

Sylvia, Andy, and Randy (just behind at the other table) ...

I apologize again for not getting everyone in the post (some pics just didn't work out) and even more so if I got your name incorrect (there was after all 83 people who attended).

The following are some shots of folks who we recognized for several accomplishments. They each received a Major Award in the form of an UN XVI mug.

Here's the mug ...

Mike for being the member present with the longest BMWST membership ...

Gary, who lives farthest from UN XVI ...

Brian, the newest BMWST member present ...

Pat, the oldest person present ...

Ron (for having attended all UnRallies) and Lester (for having ridden to all UnRallies) ...

On herding cats ... the Group Photo. As hosts of previous UnRallies all know, getting folks together for a group photo can be difficult ... and sometime impossible. We snapped a few this time, but I don't believe everyone made it into these shots. I'm posting a few so you can download as you like.

Last edited by TyTass; 07/19/17 08:44 AM.

Craig
04 R1150RT (Sold)

"The fool, with all his other faults, has this also, he is always getting ready to live." Seneca
#991705 - 07/07/17 04:20 PM Re: UnRally XVI 2017 - UN-Photos [Re: greiffster]  
TyTass Offline
TyTass  Offline

VA BEACH VA
Originally Posted By: greiffster
Alan and I were the only ones brave enough to stand near the rock wall without our helmets on. rofl

Don't make fun of my fear of heights!

Craig
04 R1150RT (Sold)

#991706 - 07/07/17 04:20 PM Re: UnRally XVI 2017 - UN-Photos [Re: TyTass]  
gamecock Offline
gamecock  Offline

Suwanee, Georgia
Look what I found on Killboy. A Wednesday run down 28

"ALLAH! Protect me from your people."

Andy Raye
Suwanee, GA
15 BMW 12GS
09 KTM 690R Enduro (sold)
02 Triumph Sprint ST (s)
92 Ducati 907ie(s)
99 Suzuki Hayabusa(s)
02 BMW 1150RT (s)
75 BMW R90S (s)
#991707 - 07/07/17 04:31 PM Re: UnRally XVI 2017 - UN-Photos [Re: greiffster]  
TyTass Offline
TyTass  Offline

VA BEACH VA
Originally Posted By: greiffster
Originally Posted By: TyTass

Gregory Hines approved!

Yes, that ... or this one. Which is closer?

Craig
04 R1150RT (Sold)

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  EffBee