IGNORED

2018 BMW Motorrad

TEWKS

Technical updates are listed only for the RT and GS models. For the other models, the only changes discussed are cosmetic. It seems likely that some of the technical changes will percolate down to other models, but maybe not in the 2018 model year. My guess would be that the article is incomplete on the changes to models other than the RT and GS.

John in VA

There seems to be a bit of schizophrenia at BMW with the new red RT with its stubby sport screen, dark gray front fairing, decal body stripes and black wheels and swing arm -- is it a psuedo-RS? The RT is a touring bike. Why not just offer an all-red touring RT with matching top box?

Crap

After years of grey, grey on gray, gray on grey bikes BMW finally put out a bold color San Marino Blue and I bought one. Now they get a clue and come out with my favorite combo bright red on black. Looks awesome and that sucks!

My only consolation is that when I had a bright red and black Kawi I got at least one ticket a year

Crap

After years of grey, grey on gray, gray on grey bikes BMW finally put out a bold color San Marino Blue and I bought one. Now they get a clue and come out with my favorite combo bright red on black. Looks awesome and that sucks!

My only consolation is that when I had a bright red and black Kawi I got at least one ticket a year

Just another reason I always have had back motorcycles. :grin:

This is the one I've been waiting for. I absolutely love the smoked paint edges a la R90S. At one time, this was rumored to be the RT that would symbolize BMW Motorrad's 95th Anniversary in 2018. If I can find it, there's also supposed to be a dark silver/smoke color scheme as well.

Paint option was rumored to be about $1K. Worth it, to me.

95th%20Anniv%20RT-L.jpg

Eff:

If I recollect, that model was only offered in England.

I suppose. It would probably still look fantastic if wet and on the wrong side of the road.

Eff:

If I recollect, that model was only offered in England.

I've seen the orange/silver, and red smoke here, but not sure of provenance.

Beautiful look, about time.

Would love to see a Roadster w/nose faired in orange scheme.

052413-1973-bmw-r90s.jpg

This is nice, but I'm talking more mainstrean design.

BMW-Concept-R90S-Ninety-1.jpg

Bill_Walker

Well, they needed to do something with color on the RT. The 2017 palette of white, black or bronze did absolutely nothing for me. I wouldn't have any of them. I'm glad I found my San Marino Blue '15.

Shiny Side Up
This is the one I've been waiting for. I absolutely love the smoked paint edges a la R90S. At one time, this was rumored to be the RT that would symbolize BMW Motorrad's 95th Anniversary in 2018. If I can find it, there's also supposed to be a dark silver/smoke color scheme as well.

Paint option was rumored to be about $1K. Worth it, to me.

95th%20Anniv%20RT-L.jpg

I like it!