IGNORED

Kisan Signal Minder installation 2005 R1200RT

wytnoiz

Greetings. I just ordered the Kisan SM-5 Signal Minder for my 2005 R1200RT. After talking to their Tech Support Department, I was assured that this part number would be correct for my model/application. After viewing other posts on the subject, and looking at the generic installation information Kisan provides I can't be sure this will work. My biggest issue is locating the relay on the bike. I've taken off most of the tupperware without any success. Has anyone installed this successfully and if so how? Thanks for any help.

Greetings. I just ordered the Kisan SM-5 Signal Minder for my 2005 R1200RT. After talking to their Tech Support Department, I was assured that this part number would be correct for my model/application. After viewing other posts on the subject, and looking at the generic installation information Kisan provides I can't be sure this will work. My biggest issue is locating the relay on the bike. I've taken off most of the tupperware without any success. Has anyone installed this successfully and if so how? Thanks for any help.

Morning wytnoiz

I think there is some confusion-- your 1200RT doesn't use a flasher relay as the turn signals are controlled by the ZFE computer.

There was a 2005 1150RT so that is probably what your Kisan SM-5 Signal Minder is for (won't work on a 1200RT)

What are you trying to accomplish with using the Kisan SM-5 Signal Minder??? Some things on the 1200RT are re-programmable using a GS-911 or dealer computer.

Thanks for the reply. My original intention was to make the turn signals self cancelling, eliminating the distraction of dealing with the canceling switch. The Kisan part looked like a good solution, more of a plug and play, without having to cut any wires like with some other products. So I guess I'm still looking at other options.

Thanks for the reply. My original intention was to make the turn signals self cancelling, eliminating the distraction of dealing with the canceling switch. The Kisan part looked like a good solution, more of a plug and play, without having to cut any wires like with some other products. So I guess I'm still looking at other options.

Afternoon wytnoiz

Your 2005 1200RT should have come from the factory with self canceling turn signals. It sounds like someone that doesn't like self canceling turn signals (like me) has turned them off.

You dealer should be able to re-set the turn signal system to cancel after XX many feet traveled (I forget the distances that they can be set to)-- (you will have to ask your dealer on your 2005 1200RT to be sure)

Let me rephrase the above-- The later 1200RT's can, for sure, be set to change T/S canceling distances or turned off. I haven't ever done the 2005 1200RT so t-h-i-n-k the 2005 1200RT can be changed (ask your dealer)

I don't know for sure but, I just bought a brand new one from a guy for 1/2 after he found out it wouldn't work on his 05 RT. It was model SM-5

Thanks again, I'll call them tomorrow and check. I was just looking through the Rider's Manual to see if there's any mention of that function, so far just the manual switch.

Thanks again, I'll call them tomorrow and check. I was just looking through the Rider's Manual to see if there's any mention of that function, so far just the manual switch.

Morning wytnoiz

Look around page 55 in your riders manual, my 2005 riders manual shows this--

The turn indicators are

cancelled automatically

after you have ridden for approximately

10 seconds, or

covered a distance of about

200 meters