IGNORED

New BMW "Connectivity" Display

marcopolo

Shiny Side Up

I like Pistol Pete's comment...

I ask - why can't we just have a "motorcycle"??

Do I really need all that information to try and decipher while I'm cruising the Ozarks or Sierra Nevadas? If my oil pressure hiccups for 1 nano second, a warning light and $1200.00 bill to diagnose the cause. (Can I update my Facebook page, verbally, while flying West on I-10 across Texas?)

I've a good mind to buy nothing in the future made after 1970.

Those machines may not have been "cool" by today's standards, but at least my Kawasaki Z650 started and I could run the crap out of it, WITHOUT a warning light flashing. (Plus girls thought I was cool) I'm just old now and miss the simplicity of some things about motorcycles.

A short briefing here:

"Günter" says we got to have it. :/

actually it's my dad's name too.

Do we know if BMW has advanced their "connectivity" from their current bikes' dinosaur Bluetooth 2.1 to 4+? They don't specify...

I was leaving work yesterday on my '04 RT, doing some backroads. Coming out of a turn and rolling the throttle on, I just enjoyed the torque and sound of the motor. I didn't need a computer display to remind me of the sensation. :)

RPG

Hank R1200RT
I was leaving work yesterday on my '04 RT, doing some backroads. Coming out of a turn and rolling the throttle on, I just enjoyed the torque and sound of the motor. I didn't need a computer display to remind me of the sensation. :)

RPG

Certainly true. IMHO, though, the black-on-gray center LCD on my camhead is useless in bright sunlight. Or dim sunlight, for that matter. A brighter color display is a real improvement.

At the same time, I decry the trend away from mechanical (or analog) tachs and speedos. I prefer a pointer. And the sensation is great. Just so I don't enjoy the sensation in front of an LEO...