IGNORED

Beemerman2k is back, baby!

beemerman2k

beemerman2k

I've been without a bike for so long, most of you probably don't even know who I am. 11 years after my 2000 R1100RT hit 97,000 miles, I'm back with a 2009 K1300 GT, this bike is an RT on steroids!

So nice to be riding again.

BMW-K1300GT

I've been without a bike for so long, most of you probably don't even know who I am. 11 years after my 2000 R1100RT hit 97,000 miles, I'm back with a 2009 K1300 GT, this bike is an RT on steroids!

BMW-K1300GT

I also took an extended absence from two wheels, not quite as long as yours, but nearly. 9 years after my 1999 R1100RT hit 80,000 miles, I came back with a 2015 R1200R. I remember you well. Welcome back.
beemerman2k

I love this motorcycle! Just as comfortable as my RT--although I will definitely get a Russell Day-Long for this bike just like I did for my RT--and power galore! Sadly, I still have to work for a living or I'd be at all the gatherings. I am still hopeful to make it to Michael Boomgarten's Barn Burner and to FART, an event that seems to be well suited for me :grin:

Edited by beemerman2k
I'm back with a 2009 K1300 GT, this bike is an RT on steroids!

Oh-K!!!

Finally scratched that K itch :thumbsup:

Welcome back James :wave:

Shiny Side Up

Nice motorcycle.

Never understood why the GT didn't sell better as it's a comfortable motorcycle with plenty of spunk.

Congratulations!!

You better FART.

Otherwise I'll have to buy someone

else a round.

Looking forward to the opportunity

:wave:

beemerman2k

Interesting story behind my K1300GT. I bought it from a Long Island, NY county police officer. Check this out, in light of the terrible publicity our police are getting these days, some of it well deserved, when I tested this motorcycle, I told the man I loved the bike and told him that I would buy it. But we had difficulty finding a day and time when we were both available to close the deal.

So I walked back to the ferry I took from CT across the Long Island sound to Port Jefferson, NY where I met the seller and tested the bike, and my cell phone rang, "Jim, let's do this: just take the bike and I'll trust that you'll send me the 10K". OK, I can do that.

So that's the story, how about them apples, not bad for a "racist cop", eh? Lesson learned: never allow the media to shape your view on anyone! Measure each person as an individual and not as a part of a group. Needless to say, this is an outstanding American of top shelf character. And I am honored that his read of me was that I was trustworthy enough to earn his trust. This is how my country works, folks, we measure people not by the color of their skin or the color of the uniform they wear, but by he content of their character!

I rode home, my Schuberth C3 Pro performed wonderfully--I did not need ear plugs at all which was nice--and the bike, of course, performed flawlessly.

OK,my new bike is sitting in my garage, I can't ride it because I don't have my own plates yet. I send the seller the 10K on faith that he'll send me a title, which he does, and today I registered the bike and got a plate! Now, I'm excited, now it's MY bike 100%. Tonight is my maiden voyage as MY motorcycle.

Only when I get home, thundershowers break out! Welcome back to motorcycling, Beemerman2k! The Northeast will get plenty of rain going forward, guaranteed. And no, the environmentalists will not credit all this rain to me. Ungrateful bastiges, they are.

Edited by beemerman2k

Now that's the James I remember! ^^^

Glad everything all worked out, and weather permitting, you'll be out an about on your new scoot soon! :wave:

I've been without a bike for so long, most of you probably don't even know who I am.

So nice to be riding again !! :thumbsup:

never knew you to leave... always enjoy reading your commentary and perspective. :burnout::burnout:

I've been without a bike for so long, most of you probably don't even know who I am.

...always enjoy reading your commentary and perspective. :burnout::burnout:

Agreed! Welcome back - bike looks awesome. Hope to see you in Blairsville!

Edited by workin' them angels
Doug_Baliko

never knew you to leave... always enjoy reading your commentary and perspective. :burnout::burnout:

Agreed!

Edited by Admin Team for inappropriate content.

Let's remember, folks, if we disagree with one another, we argue the issue or we take it private on the PM system. We don't insult each other publicly. Address the issue, not the person.

Let's remember, folks, if we disagree with one another, we argue the issue or we take it private on the PM system. We don't insult each other publicly. Address the issue, not the person.

You got my curiosity piqued, Admin Team.

"Enquiring" minds want to know!!

We understand the curiosity. But this board is like a family. We try and treat the members that way and we expect them to treat each other that way. Sure, there will be disagreements. But we expect civility between members.

To that end, if someone runs afoul of one of the guiding principles (and rules) of this site, we simply correct the error and let them know that a mistake was made. No public humiliations or floggings. And we don't air any dirty laundry. It's simply a mistake and (for the first one or two) the message usually is, "Please don't do that again."

This is why we also don't tolerate public arguing with an Administrator or Moderator. It's not that we can't be confronted about actions we take in the interest of the board. It's that if someone disagrees and wishes to make a case, they can do so privately. If they have a point and we need to change something, then we will do so. The important thing is to minimize distractions so we can keep this board on point, serving the needs that it was designed to serve, and providing a place for all to come and ask, share and discuss.

Well said Fernando and one of the best things about this board and it's members!

Edited by Endobobdds

I am sorry you saw an insult, none was intended

... then we will do so. The important thing is to minimize distractions so we can keep this board on point, serving the needs that it was designed to serve, and providing a place for all to come and ask, share and discuss.

Well said, and thoughtful! Thanks. :thumbsup:

:burnout:

beemerman2k

Enquiring minds want to know? Allow me to introduce you to the consumers of my motorcycle budget over the past decade :)

_JEG7414-XL.jpg

From left to right:

Coretta: she enters Boston University this fall to study Marine Biology. Her ambitions are huge and her mind is bright. She recently said to me, "Dad, you can't buy a bike, you have tuition to pay". I managed to slip this K1300GT in somehow. Still have tuition to pay, but I'll do so with a bigger smile now.

Kendra: she enters Fitchburg State University as a Junior this fall. Education is her major. Kendra suffered a serious bout of depression as a teen. So serious was her struggle, I stepped down from being a moderator on this forum so I could more freely focus on serving her. Her accomplishments today are not at all taken for granted. Things could have gone much worse for us as a family. She's back to the happy, bright, caring young woman I knew since birth.

Emma: enters CIBA (Connecticut International Baccalaureate Academy) the top ranked publicly funded high school in the state. She expressed to me her desire to become an officer in the military so she can make a difference for our nation. I told her that I would feel so proud and honored should she decide to pursue that path for herself.

I encourage my daughters to choose their own paths in life. My job is simply to photograph it all and pay for it :Cool:

All my daughters spent years in private schools, which consumed my motorcycle money. This is the reason I was out of riding for so long. Priorities. All my daughters are academically driven, intellectually brilliant, and make their father very proud.

I think my investment in them is paying back wonderful returns :thumbsup:

The last time I posted a picture of me and my daughters on this forum was to give a show of respect to Paul Mihalka (OldFart) who was diagnosed with a terminal condition some years ago. So moved were my daughters over his condition that we decided to post a picture of us all to wish him well and to let him know he is loved and cared for. Sadly, he did not overcome that condition, also sadly, I never got to personally meet him. But as with so many here, we get to know each other little by little over the years as we share our thoughts and experiences. Paul had an incredibly wealthy storehouse of motorcycling experiences!

Great picture, James. Thanks for the insight. Didn't know you were on the admin team at one time. I never knew Paul Mihalka either but I did a forum search one time and came up with some very interesting information. He was loved and respected by many.

Not burning money on bikes to help guide your children...well looks like all 4 folks in the picture made the right choices

I have a feeling that your children's education is only part of what makes them excellent citizens.

They wouldn't be on this path without someone caring for them like you obviously do!

I have not met you either, but you feel like part of the family. I missed your posts while you were less active.

beemerman2k

Funny, over the years I wasn't riding, I often wore something of my gear. In this photo I am wearing my BMW Heated Vest. Says, "BMW Motorcydles" on it.

I too feel like I know you due to your posts however isn't it time to update your pic? I'm seeing a more distinguished look in the photo with your beautiful daughters! :)