IGNORED

Side cases

Rex R

The City cases on oilheads had a plastic partition insert which held the contents when you open the lid. Do the wethead sidecases have anything similar available in the aftermarket? (I'm specifically asking about the aftermarket b/c I already checked BMW's catalog/fiche and asked a dealer and all I got was ugats!)

No, the City Cases on the oilhead have no partition.

They are just VERY narrow lids. That's all they are.

I am not sure what you can be talking about.

No, the City Cases on the oilhead have no partition.

They are just VERY narrow lids. That's all they are.

I am not sure what you can be talking about.

Take a look at the fiche parts catalog diagram. Each city case system has a partition that is riveted in to the case. The partition forthe left case is 46 54 2 316 913.

Like I say, the lids do not include the partition.

This part (46 54 2 316 913) is an extra item.

I have city lids on mine and must say the partition would make a small pannier even smaller!

I had the BMW OEM city lids (and the v large touring lids!) on my 2001 R1150RT.

When I got my 2008 R1200RT I was disappointed to find BMW no longer offered either the city or touring lids and had to go after market for my city lids. Now with a 2015 R1200RT I again had to go after market for city lids.

All these city lids were just that, a "flat" lid with nothing else included.

However on my 2014 F800GT the standard panniers do have a plastic divider as part of the inner shell (as opposed to the lid) and there is a lot of discussion on the F800GT forum about how to remove it as it eats into the usable space!!