IGNORED

ToddM

Hi. Just coming off a Kawasaki Vaquero. Went on BMW manufacture's ride day and was hooked. Went on two 1.5 hr rides first on a RS and then a RT. BMW had me at RS but I knew that the RT was more practical so one week later I placed my order. Received this past Friday. NO comparison to what I was riding. Love the RT. The only thing is it was delivered with a low seat and I ordered a standard seat. They said the standard seat is is on order. The low is uncomfortable after an hour so I am hoping the standard is more comfortable.

6717.jpg.d21d797ac6e64a15b209d8610cc342d5.jpg

Welcome to BMW and welcome aboard! Yes, you're in a new world of riding now. Great looks, great ride, and a lot more comfort. However, you might not find any BMW stock seat all that comfortable. Best of luck to you on that count. :dontknow:

That's what I am afraid of. I had a Corbin on the kawi and it was better than the stock seat but I will never deal with them again.

Hi Todd,

Welcome! As far as seats, if cost is not a major issue the Russell Daylong is the way to go. Sargent also makes one that is less expensive and more comfortable than the stock seat. There are several other options out there. A bit of research and some questions will get you lots of info.

Good looking bike and no worries that it will not be sporty enough. I'm sure the RS is an exciting ride but these new RT's rip! :revit:

Seat, ultimate comfort would be a Russell Day-Long. Sargent makes a nice seat, not quite on the comfort scale of a Russell but not bad. Nice company to work with also. I can't believe Corbin hasn't caught on yet that bad press hurts sales. :dontknow:

Welcome! :thumbsup:

Pat

Hi. Just coming off a Kawasaki Vaquero. Went on BMW manufacture's ride day and was hooked. Went on two 1.5 hr rides first on a RS and then a RT. BMW had me at RS but I knew that the RT was more practical so one week later I placed my order. Received this past Friday. NO comparison to what I was riding. Love the RT. The only thing is it was delivered with a low seat and I ordered a standard seat. They said the standard seat is is on order. The low is uncomfortable after an hour so I am hoping the standard is more comfortable.

Congratulations.

I see new RT's all the time on my daily commute as the Michigan State Police use them exclusively. Word is, they're amazing tools for the job.

RPG

Shiny Side Up

I love the new RT's - I want one BAD!!!

But, my line to my wife - "Honey, this will be the last motorcycle I'll ever buy" wore out three bikes ago...

Dennis Andress
I love the new RT's - I want one BAD!!!

But, my line to my wife - "Honey, this will be the last motorcycle I'll ever buy" wore out three bikes ago...

It'll probably still work, in time...

Congratulations.

I see new RT's all the time on my daily commute as the Michigan State Police use them exclusively. Word is, they're amazing tools for the job.

RPG

I understand that the police issued RT's have extra weights added to them to make them more stable at speed.

Congratulations.

RPG

I understand that the police issued RT's have extra weights added to them to make them more stable at speed.

Are you referring to extra poundage from excessive donuts? :eat:

I've been around BMW's for a couple of decades and was even a manager at a dealership for 6 years. I have never heard of there being any need for Law Enforcement models to require anything extra beyond the standard police equipment.

You may possibly be referring to the Honda ST1300 which the Brits found during testing sometimes got into a high-speed wobble in pursuit mode around 119 - 120mph. That was rumored to be caused by the aerodynamics of the rear top case, and has since been addressed.

beemerman2k

Hard to go wrong, both the RS and RT are incredible motorcycles. The best in their respective genre's in my opinion.

Enjoy! I loved my RT and the RT's today are worlds beyond my hunble 2000 RT. I look forward to learning about your riding experiences!

I doubt you'll like the BMW seat for long halls , I put 20,000 miles on the stock seat of my 14RT hoping it would break in, never happened . I went with a Sargent seat , reasonably priced and after 58,000 miles still performs like when it was new. There are other good saddles on the aftermarket but cost more and you usually have to send them your stock seat. By the way Sargent seats have a 30 day return policy if it doesn't suite you , just return it and get a refund .

Welcome ToddM. Congrats on the new ride, and glad to have you decide to join here as well.

Seat comfort posts are as common as dandelions on this site. Some are OK with the OEM saddle and plenty of folks change it out for a third party saddle. A search of the achieves will fill you up with all the choices and why they are great saddles. I personally find the RT regular seat to be terrible and that was both on my '99RT Oilhead and '15RT Wethead and went to the aftermarket.

Anyway the new RT is a whole different animal than the previous versions. Some find they prefer some aspect of one of the last generation RTs and I get that, but for me the wethead RT is all that and a bag of chips. I think you'll find more to be enamored about your new ride as the miles pile up. Especially when you start adding on the farkles

I saw it on a video I think on youtube. I tried looking for it and of course I cannot find it. I tried googling and do not see this anywhere so I am starting to think maybe this is not true.

Well I hit 1000km yesterday but my first service is not scheduled until Aug2 but am planning on a 2 day excursion on tue/wed. Is it a problem if I hit, say, 2000km before the first service? I am thinking it shouldn't be a problem.

I think the 1000km services is basically a code check and engine oil change. I don't think there are any torque checks on any bolts. Do the oil change yourself and let them know when brining in for service....buy OEM from them and they will have the record of it as well.