IGNORED

It's Gone!

Dennis Andress

Dennis Andress

My K13S has a buyer and should be gone today. I'm a little sad I've been riding K bikes sine 1989. Oh well, the F800 GS is the perfect bike for what I'm doing these days. Maybe the future has room for an R1200 RS...

Forever the student...

XDSC0053-X2.jpg

Lone_RT_rider

Dennis... you've been on K bikes as long as I can remember. The stories about you busting sweeper madness at triple digits are legendary. I know how it can be when you get a certain bike in your blood. You'll be back for more, sooner or later. ;)

Shawn

Dennis Andress

The roads around the Olympic Peninsula are buried under a canopy of trees. There are no sight lines. The K13 just didn't work.

The roads around the Olympic Peninsula are buried under a canopy of trees. There are no sight lines. The K13 just didn't work.

It is indeed a sad day now that we will not have the pleasure of seeing you and Laney on your matching "K" bikes. I have wonderful memories of following the two of you!

RS. All I am saying.

Word.

On the right road, the original 1200 brick is the cat's whiskers.

:Cool:

But, you, know, that...

Dennis Andress

It is. Laney and I have thought about getting another one. But the K13S was about 100 lbs lighter then the K12RS, and the R1200 RS is 40 lbs lighter than that. Guess which way I'm going?

It is. Laney and I have thought about getting another one. But the K13S was about 100 lbs lighter then the K12RS, and the R1200 RS is 40 lbs lighter than that. Guess which way I'm going?

It's amazing how much fun less can be :)

Winter time may be a different story tho.....

Grenville Davies

Sad day when you sell a much loved bike Dennis. I know the feeling well when I sold my K1200RS, but there was the K1300S waiting for delivery, so not all bad. I have had little time to ride the bike since purchase, mainly due to major health issues, that fortunately didn't hold me down too long.

I take the beast to Philip Island in October for the MotoGP, something I have missed attending for the past four years, aforementioned ill health and lack of funds. I am loooking forward to the trip, which is about 2,500kms from my place on the Sunshine Coast north of Brisbane. It's a tough ride especially in two days, but the return journey makes up for it as my riding buddy and I come back up through the southern Alp High country through some of the most magnificent windey terrain.

You may find that your wife's bike starts to look really inviting, but there again your choice is fairly solid. Good luck with the thoughts

Thanks for the reply to my post regarding the HID lights but I think I'm in a good space to instal them when they arrive.

Safe travels Sir and watch out for them that check your speed, even though your laws do not permit them to hide behind trees, like ours do!

Cheers,

Grenville

"Safe travels Sir and watch out for them that check your speed, even though your laws do not permit them to hide behind trees, like ours do!"

:rofl:

Trees, dummy cars, airplanes, they can, and do hide in many ways.

Some places unmarked or disguised vans.

The airplanes are the hardest to "detect".

In most states around here, there are "super speeder" laws that have huge fines, impoundment, or loss of ride, and/or license.

But, other than that...

:grin:

Best wishes.

Grenville Davies

Yeah! I keep forgetting that you guys have different laws for different states. My brother in-law to be recently went down to Sydney and nearly got done by a roadside warrior hiding in the trees. He said that in California they must advertise their positions, but knowing the nefariuous nature of these particular beasts, putting a sign about 12" away from their actual positions still complies with the law. In all states of Oz they hide, camouflage themselves, sit amongst the bush, well off the road with the speed gun pointing at you, all in the name of revenue! Or at least that's how it seems at times :dopeslap:

You could say I am jaded but if they were to sit in suburban areas, around schools and particularly bad accident zones, I would be more supportive. I think our cops do a reasonable job on the whole and do tendto get a bad rap, but my mind does change if I've been "done by the wallopers!" They are generally lenient until the fine gets over $150 and then they just get plain mean :mad:

Funny thing refuting the speed limits, If they didn't post a speed limit sign, I'm sure people would travel at reasonable speeds, after all 250+ kph is reasonable isn't it? :S

• 3 weeks later...

So many things going on in this post... first, now that I've come out from under my rock, I see you've relocated! Congratulations (___ days/months/years late) :dopeslap:

And you know you're doing the right thing for the right reason! Hope you enjoy the new experiences! :clap: