BMWSportTouring BMWST DB
Topic Options
#992807 - 07/22/17 02:50 PM Nelson-Rigg UV-2000 Half Cover
narcosis Offline

Loc: Niceville, Florida
This is the fourth cover I've owned and hands down the best for my purposes. I commute to work daily and like to keep the sun and rain off the bike. With the half cover I can put it on immediately after parking with no fear of melting the material on the engine or exhaust. Really good fit for a generic product. I bought the XL size which fits pretty snugly over the bike, fully covering the top case and the tops of the side cases. The cover packs up very compactly. I took it with me to the UnRally...would not have taken my BMW brand full cover as it takes up a lot of space. Anyway, I think most of y'all already knew this was a great cover but I like it so much I thought I'd share my opinion.

2014 BMW R1200RT
2005 Suzuki C50 (Sold)

#992815 - 07/22/17 03:48 PM Re: Nelson-Rigg UV-2000 Half Cover [Re: narcosis]
realshelby Online

Loc: Houston, Tx
Mirrors my experience with it exactly!

Terry N8TY

'14 RT,'12 Wee Strom

#992822 - 07/22/17 05:00 PM Re: Nelson-Rigg UV-2000 Half Cover [Re: realshelby]
lkraus Offline

Loc: Central Ohio
Ditto. Had two years of daily commuter use before I retired, though only occasional use since, but still looks new at seven years old. Elastics are still strong. Also less expensive than most other brands.

#992997 - 07/24/17 06:23 PM Re: Nelson-Rigg UV-2000 Half Cover [Re: narcosis]
RPG Offline

Loc: Detroit Metro Area
Originally Posted By: narcosis
This is the fourth cover I've owned and hands down the best for my purposes. I commute to work daily and like to keep the sun and rain off the bike. With the half cover I can put it on immediately after parking with no fear of melting the material on the engine or exhaust. Really good fit for a generic product. I bought the XL size which fits pretty snugly over the bike, fully covering the top case and the tops of the side cases. The cover packs up very compactly. I took it with me to the UnRally...would not have taken my BMW brand full cover as it takes up a lot of space. Anyway, I think most of y'all already knew this was a great cover but I like it so much I thought I'd share my opinion.

I use the same cover for my '04 RT. Park the bike at the office and slap the cover on in about 5 seconds. Keeps the sun, rain and prying eyes off the bike.

Great product. Great value

RPG

Ayn Rand