IGNORED

GoPlus bead breaker and balancing stand

Green RT

My apologies if this has been discussed. I did a search and didn't find anything.

Does anyone have any experience with the GoPlus bead breaker and the balancing stand for motor cycles tires. They are both available on Amazon. I used to have a Harbor Freight bead breaker and a home made stand, but they got left behind in the last move. The price on the GoPlus ones looks attractive ($44 and $30 usd) but only if they work.

Thanks.

I haven't had experience with either of those. Although they do look similar to the Venom products. I heard good things about the Venom products.

As I recall, the balancers require an adapter for the rear tire.

Marc Parnes has this for $40 (if I'm looking at the right one). Or a universal beam and cone for $105.

http://www.marcparnes.com/BMW_Motorcycle_Wheel_Balancer.htm

Hence, I use beads along with my No-Mar :) Sometimes I don't use beads at all.

How are you going to mount the tire?

stick with Marc Parnes for the balancing stand. and yes you will need the adapter for later model BMW rear wheels.

I change probably a dozen tires a year. street and off road. I started out with the harbor freight changer/breaker.

To work effectively they really need some upgrading. I worked a part-time job for 4 months, and saved the money to buy a nomar unit. Some of the best money I have spent. The nomar is way ahead of most other changers in terms of ease of use.

But I changed 100's of tires over about 5 years with the harbor freight unit (I used the Mitch mount bar) so if you do not do a lot of tire changes, these HF knock off units will work.

How are you going to mount the tire?

I am not sure I understand the question. I will mount it with the same pair of tire irons that I use to dismount it.

All: Thanks for the feedback. I have always changed my own tires in the past. As I said, these tools got left behind so I am looking to replace them. One problem I face is that I live in Mexico and not everyone will ship here to say the least.