IGNORED

BMW R1100RT CB radio antenna mount

Janusz

Hi , my name is Janusz and I am from Poland. Since years I drive BMW motorbikes, actually R1100RT. I'm looking for cb radio antenna bracket mounted in the rear part of motorbike, under the topcase. I saw something very profesional in short YT clip, problem is bike is probably from Japan. Maybe someone can help me and suggest where I can get something like this - I want have this bracket from both sides of topcase. Best wishes from Poland to all BMW bike drivers. Janusz

Link to YT clip:

szurszewski

Those look like they could work.

To me, in the video, that looks like the end of the mount is just sandwiched between the rear rack support and the rack itself. I think it would be easy to make up something like that - simplest would just be flat bar with a hole for your antenna. You could even make one long bar that went all the way across with a mount on each side.

I would imagine it will be cheaper and faster to have it made locally even if you have to pay to have it done than to find one and have it shipped to you from outside Poland.

Good luck!

josh

Whatever mount you go with, take some time to run a ground wire from the mount to the negative terminal of the battery.

Thanks for all answers and suggestions. I think the best would be something from the shelf -"do it yourself".

You can find a lot of mounts in the truck stops along interstates. These can be good starting points.

Thanks for all answers and suggestions. I think the best would be something from the shelf -"do it yourself".

You can find a lot of mounts in the truck stops along interstates. These can be good starting points.

Morning realshelby

I don't think that Poland has interstates. More like Motorways & Express Roads.

Morning realshelby

I don't think that Poland has interstates. More like Motorways & Express Roads.

Yeah, I guess you got me on this one! I remember looking at his location earlier when first posted......My memory fails me occasionally! That said, where there are trucks there are truckstops!