IGNORED

Approaching perfection...

P_hil

Howdy,

I've made a couple of threads in the recent weeks worrying about noises in my new '97 R850R. After adjusting the valves and rocker end float properly, the bike has quieted down enough to isolate more noises!

The first is the classic rattle upon start as the bike achieves oil pressure, and the second is the right hand throttle body making a noise that shuts up if I push the butterfly valve closed. I understand the first one can be solved by an upgraded cam chain tensioner, but what solves the throttle body "fut fut fut fut"?

Also, I've come to realize that these are simply noisier bikes. No matter what I do it's not going to be as quiet in the top end (is it top end on a boxer?) as my previous Honda 919 or Triumph Tiger 900.

I've done over 1000 miles on this bike, and have had one tank over 50MPG! It's been a great commuter thus far and am looking forward to adding another 52,000 miles to it.

Oh, and would anyone like to trade their stock exhaust for the silly Two Brothers fart can that came with my bike?