IGNORED

Is there a way to connect earphones to the 2016 R1200RT audio system?

Cdnrtowner

I have tried to connect earphones via the audio jack found in the right hand storage box of the front fairing. I cannot get any sound through the earphones. I cannot find any manual for the audio system. Does anyone know the "how-to" or "where-to" find information on the audio system?

Go here: http://www.bmw-motorrad.com/com/en/index.html?content=http://www.bmw-motorrad.com/com/en/services/manuals/manuals_main.html&notrack=1

On the left side select "Rider's Manuals For Original BMW Accessories"

On the right, drill down to your model(R models->0A13 - R 1200 RT (USA)) and download your audio manual.

I believe that audio jack is strictly an input, for something like a MP3 player.

Thanks Larry. This is the first reference that I have found that deals with the audio system. You are probably right regarding the audio jack being input only. Cheers Pat

I have a BMW Communication system installed in my Schuberth C3. At the SLC show, I was fitted for and ordered a pair of in-ear monitors from Big Ear. When I get them, I plan to add a jack to my helmet system so I have the option of listening to the current speakers or plugging in the monitors and listening through them. Oregon is a state that allows headphones on motorcycles.

Thanks for the info! I've tried several Bluetoooth units without getting satisfactory results. The Motochello unit shipped the day I ordered it, was easy to install and I get good quality audio from the on-board radio, GPS and my iPod.

• 2 weeks later...

All this because the BMW Bluetooth version that comes with the bike is so old, the fidelity is terrible. I usually just connect my SENA to my phone and skip the bike's system. Kind of a waste.

All this because the BMW Bluetooth version that comes with the bike is so old, the fidelity is terrible. I usually just connect my SENA to my phone and skip the bike's system. Kind of a waste.

I connect my bose noise cancelling earbud directly to my phone. these have awesome sound. I wish I never had ordered the sound system option. what a waste!

I've got the Motochello unit connected to a Sena SM10 (along with my V1, which was my main reason for going this route), paired to a Sena 20S on my helmet. I'm happy with the audio quality. But I'm using the Sena helmet speakers and I wear earplugs, so maybe I'm just not that picky.