IGNORED

Wind noise on R1200rt

Hussar

Hi just done first ride out on r1200rt problem had was wife on the back complained of really bad wind tublance and noise that we did not get on our last bikes shame as I love the bike and the ride and I don't get and noise etc any ideas please thanks Mark

Excellent replacement shields available. YouTube Chris on the Street did a comprehensive review on two available shields. I bought the Werks Quite Ride and the noise reduction is significant. Don't have a pillion so can't say what it's like back there.

Edited by narcosis
Don't have a pillion so can't say what it's like back there.

So you're saying you've never winged it before? :grin:

Riding_From_The_Back_Seat.jpg

Pat

We have a Werks Quiet Ride on our '16 RT and she says she can hear the radio quite well at interstate speeds. I can too up front.

I had been running some other brands of aftermarket windshields on my '14. I decided to develop my own as I was not happy with what I was getting. The biggest surprise I had was how much better the pillion position was with the WERKS Quiet Ride. Didn't test that during development! Yes, I am affiliated with WERKS!

I use Terry's Quiet Ride and love it. But a lot of the noise I seem to get is road noise coming up from the front tire. If the road is good I can hear my music at 70. If the road is bad its just plain loud. I have the original Metzler tires. The front is worn out at 9000 miles. I've read on Revzilla reviews that Metzlers are loud, so Tues in getting Pirelli Angel GT's. Hope that helps.

Yep. BMW's can throw air in places.

What was the "other" bike?

Did it have different ?? topcase/backrest/ergos?

Seat height for pillion compared to previous is???

YOur size, her size, helmets used?

Will probably require adjustment, possibly screen, topcase w/backrest to support her, ear plugs etc.

Give us more to go on.