IGNORED

G650X Challenge ABS Question

ArmyGuy

I recently purchased a '07 X Challenge. The PO swapped out the old SM wheel sets and put on the 18/21 wheels before I purchased. Unfortunately, when putting the wheels back on, he forgot to hook the ABS sensor back up and it got crunched in the wheel.

I purchased a new/used front 07 X Challenge ABS Sensor and installed it. The problem is the ABS works for approximately 400 meters, then shuts itself off automatically. Upon restart, the same thing happens every time. Speedometer works as it should, if that matters.

PO said ABS worked well before crunching the ABS sensor.

Does this sound like the sensor ring might not be aligned correctly or messed up, or are my problems deeper?

I don't need ABS on this bike as it is predominately off road but it would be nice to have.

Thanks for advice,

Mike

I recently purchased a '07 X Challenge. The PO swapped out the old SM wheel sets and put on the 18/21 wheels before I purchased. Unfortunately, when putting the wheels back on, he forgot to hook the ABS sensor back up and it got crunched in the wheel.

I purchased a new/used front 07 X Challenge ABS Sensor and installed it. The problem is the ABS works for approximately 400 meters, then shuts itself off automatically. Upon restart, the same thing happens every time. Speedometer works as it should, if that matters.

PO said ABS worked well before crunching the ABS sensor.

Does this sound like the sensor ring might not be aligned correctly or messed up, or are my problems deeper?

I don't need ABS on this bike as it is predominately off road but it would be nice to have.

Thanks for advice,

Mike

Evening Mike

Your problem does sound wheel speed related, could be a wheel sensor to tone ring gap issue, or a damaged tone ring, or a speed sensor or sensor wire issue, or even a wheel circumference difference in that 21" front tire.

You might need a GS-911 or dealer computer to straighten it out unless you can find something obviously misaligned or incorrect.