IGNORED

Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA

Indy Dave

So, I just called to make reservation --- only rooms left in our block are smoking (blech!)

So, I agreed to pony up more cash to get a non-block/non-smoking room.

If anyone has a reservation for a non-smoking room in our block that they're going to give up, please pm me so I can try to do a room shuffle? Thanks!!!

Edited by TN_R11_Girl
Lone_RT_rider
So, I just called to make reservation --- only rooms left in our block are smoking (blech!)

Well, that's the last nail of the coffin for me. Between getting married, new job and the relocation back north I just don't have enough vacation to make this happen.

I'm out....

:( This one hurts... I miss everyone.... yes, even you Marty... ;)

Shawn

P.S. Mitch... when's the 1st annual run for the cheese curd rally?

Well, that's the last nail of the coffin for me. Between getting married, new job and the relocation back north I just don't have enough vacation to make this happen.

I'm out....

:( This one hurts... I miss everyone.... yes, even you Marty... ;)

Would have missed anyway. I'll be riding in eastern Europe during that time.

Maybe next year. :wave:

Shawn

If you like Corn Liqour; Pappy's has a new distillery open to the public south of town on US129. It is quite smooth but potent.

Lone_RT_rider

Will you be riding a Road Glide?

Probably not.

• 2 weeks later...

Planning my route from Pensacola up to the Barber and on to Blairsville. Between Troy and Union Springs, AL there are two similar looking roads, sr223 and US29. For anyone familiar, is one preferable for this short segment.

Thanks

I wouldn't go through Troy. Grab AL 93 in Brundage to US 29. You can catch either road from there. I prefer 29 as much of it was just paved but 223 is a nice ride as well.

So, I agreed to pony up more cash to get a non-block/non-smoking room.

If anyone has a reservation for a non-smoking room in our block that they're going to give up, please pm me so I can try to do a room shuffle? Thanks!!!

That's a good solution right there.

Thanks everyone for your patience during my radio silence!

I've been away for two weeks on an East Coast Riding trip (with The Clean Living Hoosiers ®), and then was home for 3 days before I had shoulder surgery again. This shoulder was apparently more damaged than my left shoulder, so the recovery May take a little longer. :P:cry: If post-surgery pain is any indication, this could be a longer haul. I'm experimenting with a speech-to-text program to help facilitate updates.

Ken has been traveling as well, but he was able to secure two additional non-smoking King rooms. These are available at a discounted rate, although they are a little more than our BMWST group rate. The discounted rate is $89.99 / weeknight and $107.99/weekend for these additional rooms. [Our BMWST block rate is $77.99/$95.99] The initial block of rooms that we reserved are all walk out rooms, the additional rooms are in the adjacent building and they are not walk out rooms.

As Tim mentioned, we're about 2 months out and this is a great time to check your calendars and mark off time for another great FART.

Edited by workin' them angels

I am in, arriving Wednesday. I got one of the expensive rooms. If someone needs a room mate in a standard non smoking room let me know. I will cancel the expensive room.

Alan

I am in, arriving Wednesday. I got one of the expensive rooms. If someone needs a room mate in a standard non smoking room let me know. I will cancel the expensive room.

Alan

I'm in for Wed. through Sun. as well. Will touch base closer to time to see about riding over together. :-)

I'll check my reservation later when I get home. I don't recall the room configuration I have, but I have it Monday through Friday nights.

Anyone looking for a good deal on used gear/helmets, PM me.

We'll bring it with us for you to check out.

Men's Xl and 2XL tall jackets.

38 tall pants mesh/textile/Draggin jeans, xl/l gloves including Gerbings. xl helmet w/NOS extra visor/sunscreen

Women's M jackets/pants gloves,

including Gerbings, helmet

I'm waiting to see if any interest this way before listing a ton in the Classifieds.

So, PM me wnd we'll talk.

Tick tock...

Anyone looking for a good deal on used gear/helmets, PM me.

We'll bring it with us for you to check out.

Men's Xl and 2XL tall jackets.

38 tall pants mesh/textile/Draggin jeans, xl/l gloves including Gerbings. xl helmet w/NOS extra visor/sunscreen

Women's M jackets/pants gloves,

including Gerbings, helmet

I'm waiting to see if any interest this way before listing a ton in the Classifieds.

So, PM me wnd we'll talk.

Tick tock...

Wait, Bernie's on here...tick tack, tick tack

Have I mentioned how excited I am to be making this event???

I know I say this after each extended absence... but I MISS you guys!!

:)

It's been so long since I've been to an event (Wisconsin Dells UN) that many won't recognize me as I've aged a lot since then. :grin:

Roll in on the hack. We'll probably figure it out.

Now that the hack is gone, how you gonna figure it out??? :rofl:

Have I mentioned how excited I am to be making this event???

I know I say this after each extended absence... but I MISS you guys!!

:)

It goes without saying that WE are as excited as you are, not only to see you , but that you have more than one measly day to spend with us!! :clap::beer::revit:

Bud - I think the REAL question is, what are YOU going to roll in on??? :cuz::cuz::whistle::whistle::wave::wave::lurk:

It's been so long since I've been to an event (Wisconsin Dells UN) that many won't recognize me as I've aged a lot since then. :grin:

It's red? Wait, selling that one too? Now I'm stumped. :dontknow:

Do I have to come pick you up? :rofl:

It's red? Wait, selling that one too? Now I'm stumped. :dontknow:

Do I have to come pick you up? :rofl:

Maybe! :whistle:

Bud,

What happened to the "hack"? You seem to have a high turn over rate for your boats and motorcycles. I guess changing vehicles rather than changing tires, oil, etc is a good way to reduce vehicle maintenance costs! :grin:

I decided I'd rather ride a bike than drive a hack. :wave: Someone said I just couldn't "hack it". :rofl:

Don't need dealers license unless you have 5 in your possession at one time. :clap:

On another note, I've kept the same wife for going on 50 years so I'm not completely fickle. :thumbsup:

Edited by Bud

I actually showed Nancy a posting for a boat and she said "NO" So I guess that's out. :grin:

If the F 700 sells, then I will have to scramble to find some replacement. I've been looking at a lot of different bikes. Would love to find a good R 1100 R with aftermarket shocks.

If the F 700 sells, then I will have to scramble to find some replacement. I've been looking at a lot of different bikes. Would love to find a good R 1100 R with aftermarket shocks.

Bud - you need to buy a BMW "K" bike. Like "Beamerman2K", you might just find that the miles of smiles you will have will result in you to keeping it for a long, long, time! :thumbsup:

Bud - you need to buy a BMW "K" bike. Like "Beamerman2K", you might just find that the miles of smiles you will have will result in you to keeping it for a long, long, time! :thumbsup:

My very first Beemer was a K 1100 LT

As long as we're all busy finding and offering bikes for Bud, we'd like to announce an opportunity for FART attendees to sell, trade or barter any Gear or Accessories for Sale

We'd like to invite attendees a chance to offer up GAS (Gear and Accessories for Sale). If you have some items in good condition that need a new home, feel free to list them here and bring them to Blairsville. On Thursday evening, we'll come up with a time and location to share our collective FART GAS.

As long as we're all busy finding and offering bikes for Bud, we'd like to announce an opportunity for FART attendees to sell, trade or barter any Gear or Accessories for Sale

We'd like to invite attendees a chance to offer up GAS (Gear and Accessories for Sale). If you have some items in good condition that need a new home, feel free to list them here and bring them to Blairsville. On Thursday evening, we'll come up with a time and location to share our collective FART GAS.

Yes, don't pass up this opportunity to blow out the old stuff at this FART :bike:

Lone_RT_rider

Yes, don't pass up this opportunity to blow out the old stuff at this FART :bike:

That usually requires a large amount of bran flakes.

I like it, I like it!

Lone_RT_rider

I like it, I like it!

So your going to have a YARD (Y'all Are Ridiculously Deranged) sale?