IGNORED

PIAA H7 lights R1200GS

1two

You might have noticed some of our motorcycles have yellow headlights that are not all that visible on my 07 GS there is a small space where bulbs are contained and the pig tail that hooks to bulb has broken down (heat) from the 10 years of use I see you can buy a new wiring pigtail from BMW for the sum of 27.00. I have looked at PIAA bright white H7 bulbs and wonder if they create extra heat

You might have noticed some of our motorcycles have yellow headlights that are not all that visible on my 07 GS there is a small space where bulbs are contained and the pig tail that hooks to bulb has broken down (heat) from the 10 years of use I see you can buy a new wiring pigtail from BMW for the sum of 27.00. I have looked at PIAA bright white H7 bulbs and wonder if they create extra heat

Morning 1two

You can buy an H-7 pigtail from your local auto parts store for WAY less than $27.00. Or you can buy a ceramic connector pig tail for a lot less than $27.00 (ceramic is much less prone to heat damage)

I don't know if the PIAA bright white H7 bulbs create more heat, they might or might not. It wouldn't be much more even if they did.

When my connectors crumbled I was able to use the 'connector' part of the pigtail and insert the OEM spades, thus no need to cut wires.

the pig tail at the auto part store attaches directly you need a right angle connector hard to explain. LED set up requires more room than is available you have the can bus to deal with lower voltage output or is it watts any way the system thinks you have a bulb out

Edited by 1two
the pig tail at the auto part store attaches directly you need a right angle connector hard to explain. LED set up requires more room than is available you have the can bus to deal with lower voltage output or is it watts any way the system thinks you have a bulb out

Morning 1two

Most decent auto part stores carry both the straight & angled H-7 connector pig tail. If your local parts store doesn't then those 90° connector pig tails are about $4-$5 on line.

There are also LED's that will fit (some will some won't) but keep in mind that LED's require cooling so internal coolers will make the unit larger. There are a few LED setups that have a cooling wick that can be extended out of the light housing.

As far as light-out monitor problems--Yes, that can be a small problem but some LED's are BMW system compatible (more internal load) & on those that aren't a resistor can be added across the circuit to make it work.

7ogftKE.png