IGNORED

Please Help Me Solve This Mystery

MichiganBob

Good Afternoon,

Maybe this is a foolish question but that's okay. On my ride yesterday on my 2012 1200 RT, a symbol appeared in the middle of my information screen. It was a diamond with a capital H inside. I thought maybe it was alerting me to a headlight or high bean issue but they are fine and the owner's manual shows other symbols for light issues. I rode a 100 miles yesterday with this symbol showing and there was nothing happening out of the ordinary. Today, it was on again until I stopped and filled up with gas. Now it's gone. Any ideas as to what this symbol might be?

Thanks.

MichiganBob

Good Afternoon,

Maybe this is a foolish question but that's okay. On my ride yesterday on my 2012 1200 RT, a symbol appeared in the middle of my information screen. It was a diamond with a capital H inside. I thought maybe it was alerting me to a headlight or high bean issue but they are fine and the owner's manual shows other symbols for light issues. I rode a 100 miles yesterday with this symbol showing and there was nothing happening out of the ordinary. Today, it was on again until I stopped and filled up with gas. Now it's gone. Any ideas as to what this symbol might be?

Thanks.

MichiganBob

Afternoon Bob

The only (H) that I can think of off hand is the (H) with a circle around it just to the right of the N light (that is for the hill start control)-- I'm not even sure that they had that in 2012--maybe?

Hi DR, hope all is well. I don't believe I have that option plus the symbol was right square in the middle of the screen. My gear indicator is top right. I found a thread on another site that said that the H is actually an exclamation mark and that it indicated low oil level. I'll check the oil but the symbol is gone and I'm pretty sure it was an H. So the mystery remains.

The oil level sensors on early hexheads are notorious for false alarms. By 2012, the sensor and software had been improved, but are still not perfect. Don't panic when the warning pops up, but DO check the level at your next stop. This warning is distinct from an oil pressure warning which will generate a red triangular warning light that means stop immediately.