IGNORED

Gonna be lazy,...

Rougarou

Over the past few days, I've noticed that while riding upright (no lean), the bike feels smooth. If I tilt the bike to the left or right, I feel the grinding/meshy feel. I check the tightness of both wheels and they were fine, brakes were good as well. So my assumption is that the front bearings are going, so I'ma be lazy and let the dealership handle this for simplicity and convenience sake. Drop the wheel off, browse the new toys and outta there in 30-45 minutes. Worst case, I'll have new bearings on the front end at 101000 miles.

Over the past few days, I've noticed that while riding upright (no lean), the bike feels smooth. If I tilt the bike to the left or right, I feel the grinding/meshy feel. I check the tightness of both wheels and they were fine, brakes were good as well. So my assumption is that the front bearings are going, so I'ma be lazy and let the dealership handle this for simplicity and convenience sake. Drop the wheel off, browse the new toys and outta there in 30-45 minutes. Worst case, I'll have new bearings on the front end at 101000 miles.

Morning Richard

At first read it sounds more like tire wear on the outer edges than bearing wear. Run your hands along the outer edges of the tires feeling for feathering or cupping.

Morning Richard

At first read it sounds more like tire wear on the outer edges than bearing wear. Run your hands along the outer edges of the tires feeling for feathering or cupping.

I'll give it a check but the tires only have about 3-4k on them and the grinding/meshy feel is only at a "slight" tilt of the bike, not even close to a lean,....don't even think its enough to come off the center tread.

Hi, Richard -

As long as you're taking the front wheel off, you can try inserting a finger to turn the bearings and see if that feels grindy or meshy.

Morning Richard

Tires are smooth and even all the way round from center tread to outer. I'm giving the Dunlop Roadsmart IIIs a try. According to my maintenance logs, the tires have just over 4k on them.

I've run 5 sets of the Mich PR4 on my 11' 12Rt, consistent wear for 8 k miles 2 up.

like you I just tried the Road smart 3. Less than 3 k on the rear now and the left side has squared off on half of it's circumference. The right side hasn't. This makes the bike ride very strange. I'd take another look at your tires.

No more of these tires for me...just saying..

Morning Richard

Tires are smooth and even all the way round from center tread to outer. I'm giving the Dunlop Roadsmart IIIs a try. According to my maintenance logs, the tires have just over 4k on them.

Morning Living the Dream

Still sounds like tires but if you are positive that there is no tread oddities just off center then on to the bearings.

It just sounds odd that you have a smooth run riding straight up then get the disturbance just off center but it doesn't get worse as you lean it farther & add more bearing load.

Morning Living the Dream

Still sounds like tires but if you are positive that there is no tread oddities just off center then on to the bearings.

It just sounds odd that you have a smooth run riding straight up then get the disturbance just off center but it doesn't get worse as you lean it farther & add more bearing load.

Oh no, it does get grindier as you go farther into the lean. Really more noticeable at slow(quiet) turns with less road feedback. At higher speeds, barely noticeable while in a turn but at low speeds, it's an actual feeling. But straight up, nothing.