BMWSportTouring BMWST DB
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#995708 - 08/30/17 12:08 AM New Helmets
rickmoen Offline

Loc: Arizona
Getting about time to replace my 5+ year old NeoTec. I've been thinking about the new Schuberths - the E1 or C4. Has anyone gotten one of these? What do you think of them? Also wondering about the comm systems that can bought for these helmets. I'm told the E1 is a re-worked C3 Pro, but the C4 is a new design. Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

#995722 - 08/30/17 05:16 AM Re: New Helmets [Re: rickmoen]
Bill_Walker Online

Loc: San Marcos, CA USA
The main thing is whether or not it fits. I've got a long-oval head, and the NeoTec fits me. Schuberths don't. They, like most helmets, give me a pressure point on my forehead that quickly results in a headache. The NeoTec is the only modular I've found that fits me. Your head may differ, of course.
'04 R1150RT (gone)
'02 Suzuki V-Strom (gone)

#995725 - 08/30/17 11:26 AM Re: New Helmets [Re: Bill_Walker]
Living the Dream Offline

Loc: Walnut Cove, North Carolina
Originally Posted By: Bill_Walker
The main thing is whether or not it fits. I've got a long-oval head, and the NeoTec fits me. Schuberths don't. They, like most helmets, give me a pressure point on my forehead that quickly results in a headache. The NeoTec is the only modular I've found that fits me. Your head may differ, of course.

My C3 did the same thing when I first got it, had the Schuberth Dot on my forehead after a ride and a caffeine deficient feeling headache. I changed the crown and haven't had a problem since,....that's going on over six years.
2010 Shadow RS
2006 R1200rt
PRC-E7

#995732 - 08/30/17 01:39 PM Re: New Helmets [Re: Bill_Walker]
Antimatter Offline

Loc: Maple Grove, MN

Likewise. And I have a problem with the prices Arai, Schuberth and Shoei want for their lids. I ended up with an LS2 Strobe for the street and an Arrow for the track.

#995756 - 08/30/17 08:02 PM Re: New Helmets [Re: Antimatter]
Bud Offline
68% of an RT

Loc: Southern Illinois
Originally Posted By: Antimatter

Likewise. And I have a problem with the prices Arai, Schuberth and Shoei want for their lids. I ended up with an LS2 Strobe for the street and an Arrow for the track.

Because of your post, I took a look and ordered one from Amazon today. thumbsup We will see how well it works out.

#995791 - 08/31/17 04:14 AM Re: New Helmets [Re: rickmoen]
avu3 Online

Loc: Cordelia, CA
It will be interesting to hear Bud's feedback. I used a Bell helmet when auto racing and liked it, so I bought a Bell Revolver Evo earlier this year. There's nothing I can do to get it to fit right (I bought different size pads and then modified them - still no go), and it's exceptionally loud. I'd keep working on the fit if it wasn't so loud.

I also had my eye on the C3. The other budget friendly quality helmet I read up on was the Caberg Duke.

If I had to do it again I'd get a NeoTec or an RF1200. For now, I've gone back to my older Shoei. I'm completely gun shy about buying another helmet after the wind noise issue.

#995858 - 09/01/17 01:15 AM Re: New Helmets [Re: Bud]
Antimatter Offline

Loc: Maple Grove, MN
Originally Posted By: Bud
Originally Posted By: Antimatter

Because of your post, I took a look and ordered one from Amazon today. thumbsup We will see how well it works out.

I'll be curious to see what you think. The strobe has been my commuter lid for the last 3 weeks, and still going strong.

#995859 - 09/01/17 01:16 AM Re: New Helmets [Re: Living the Dream]
Bill_Walker Online

Loc: San Marcos, CA USA
Originally Posted By: Living the Dream

My C3 did the same thing when I first got it, had the Schuberth Dot on my forehead after a ride and a caffeine deficient feeling headache. I changed the crown and haven't had a problem since,....that's going on over six years.

Nobody at the dealerships where I've tried on Schuberth helmets was apparently aware of this "changed the crown" fitting option. I'm not completely sure I understand what it means myself.
'04 R1150RT (gone)
'02 Suzuki V-Strom (gone)

#995860 - 09/01/17 01:27 AM Re: New Helmets [Re: Bill_Walker]
lkraus Offline

Loc: Central Ohio
I think the "crown" referred to is the upper liner. I think the redesigned liner from the C3 Pro will fit, as well as the one from the S2 full face helmet. Verify before purchase.

The C3 liner made me look like Klingon after an hour or so. No problems with my C3 Pro.

#995904 - 09/01/17 03:08 PM Re: New Helmets [Re: lkraus]
Living the Dream Offline

Loc: Walnut Cove, North Carolina
Originally Posted By: lkraus
I think the "crown" referred to is the upper liner. I think the redesigned liner from the C3 Pro will fit, as well as the one from the S2 full face helmet. Verify before purchase.

The C3 liner made me look like Klingon after an hour or so. No problems with my C3 Pro.

Yep, used a S2 liner and fits perfectly, no more marks of schuberth.

Read the reviews

Edited by Living the Dream (09/01/17 03:10 PM)
2010 Shadow RS
2006 R1200rt
PRC-E7

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >