IGNORED

Harley drops their dynas, gets a bit more modern

fourteenfour

fourteenfour

While not BMW related, Harley released new models last week dropping their Dyna line for an all new softtail line. Needless to say their faithful are gnashing teeth, pulling hair, wearing sack cloth and more.

Cycle World fluff piece http://www.cycleworld.com/2018-harley-davidson-softail-first-rides

The video, jump to 1:55 or so, is one of the dealers who posts lots of youtube videos chatting with the engineers who created the new soft tail line. Lots of interesting information and cut-a-way bikes. Love their monoshock setup

With the exception of using one shock instead of two, their rear suspension doesn't look much different from that introduced on the 1928 Vincent HRD Models A through E (which Vincent used until production ceased in 1955). But I expect Vincent's patents expired long ago. See, for comparison, this frame from a 1953 Black Shadow:

Vincent%20frame%202011%20party%20x.jpg

By this time, Vincent was using the engine as a stressed member and had done away with most of the frame, but a book I have on Vincent has a drawing of the 1928 frame, which is more "normal". I couldn't find an image online, though.

Lone_RT_rider
certainly one of the most beautiful engines ever produced.

Rick, go ride one. The power-band on the Milwaukee 8 will surprise you.

Shawn

certainly one of the most beautiful engines ever produced.

Rick, go ride one. The power-band on the Milwaukee 8 will surprise you.

Shawn

Agree...and once you get past the pain of that twelve inch Bar & Shield logo tattooed across your chest, the bikes as a whole would surprise most people. What!!....wait a minute, the chest tat wasn't a requirement in owning a Harley? :ohboy::dopeslap::grin:

Pat