IGNORED

Strange Fuel Fill

willimike

Ever since I had the fuel strip replaced on my 2009 R1200RT I can only get about 41/2-5 gallons of fuel in the tank. Any suggestions as to why? Could a fuel strip placed wrongly cause this kind of problem? I feel foolish asking this, but cannot figure out why. I have fueled the bike on the kickstand, on the floor stand and simply holding it upright while fueling. Help!!

Ever since I had the fuel strip replaced on my 2009 R1200RT I can only get about 41/2-5 gallons of fuel in the tank. Any suggestions as to why? Could a fuel strip placed wrongly cause this kind of problem? I feel foolish asking this, but cannot figure out why. I have fueled the bike on the kickstand, on the floor stand and simply holding it upright while fueling. Help!!

Afternoon willimike

Are you sure that it is empty when you re-fill it???????

It sounds like they didn't calibrate the new fuel strip so it is now showing empty with 3 gallons still remaining in the bottom of the tank.

Thanks for asking...I don't know for sure. When I do fill it, the fuel strip indicates only 3/4 full.

Afternoon willimike

It sounds like either a defective fuel strip or an incorrectly calibrated fuel strip.

My suggestion is to call the dealer & tell them you have a problem with the new fuel strip reading correctly.