IGNORED

Dealer closes in Michigan

Gringo1450

Morning_____

He is probably referring to BMW Motorcycles of Detroit, they lost their building lease.

Supposedly they are re-opening in the future in Rochester Hills, MI, 48307 but there is lots of speculation & rumor about what is actually happening. Any move/reopening probably needs the BMW mothership blessings & approval.

They do have a contact number so not totally dead yet.

Hello All,

The last update I saw posted on there facebook page stated that Mid Sept. opening. Rode by last week and it still looks like a car dealership body shop.

It was kinda an odd closing no real notice, just one day the doors were closed, I guess if you had a bike in for service they might have let you know , But I went to the dealer for some parts the week they closed and nothing was said at that time, so until the mother ship ( BMWNA )gives there blessing who knows.

Sorry about the invisibility folks. It's a result of the move to a new server, combines with the version of UBB Threads that we're using. The guys who are smarter than I are working on this.

Actually, I think he just forgot what he wanted to say. Usually posts with the "disappearing" text problem can be seen using the "Quick Quotes" button. This one just comes up blank:

[quote name="Gringo1450"]
[/quote] 

Sorry I think ?

I will try this again.

I have been very happy with the motorcycle so far.

But I was on a trip out west when I ran into an issue.

So I tried to call my dealer and could not get through.

Apparently they have gone out of business.

I really needed some advice from the mechanic and come to find out they were gone.

I feel like I have been abandoned.

My bike is currently in need of service.

This is unacceptable and I am very upset the season is almost over here in Michigan

That was my basic email to customer service and here is the response.

Thank you for contacting BMW Motorrad USA regarding your 2017 BMW R 1200 RT.  We are sorry to read of your concerns.

Authorized BMW Motorrad dealers are independently owned and operated.  We are sorry to learn that your preferred authorized BMW Motorrad dealer, BMW Motorcycles of Detroit, has closed. 

Since technical information regarding repairs and maintenance is allocated to authorized BMW Motorrad dealers, we recommend contacting the service team at BMW Motorcycles of Southeast Michigan for a complete diagnosis.  They are your nearest authorized BMW Motorrad dealer, and they have the mechanical training and expertise to further assist you and are eager to share their knowledge. 

Not too happy with this response

Sorry I think ?

I will try this again.

I have been very happy with the motorcycle so far.

But I was on a trip out west when I ran into an issue.

So I tried to call my dealer and could not get through.

Apparently they have gone out of business.

I really needed some advice from the mechanic and come to find out they were gone.

I feel like I have been abandoned.

My bike is currently in need of service.

This is unacceptable and I am very upset the season is almost over here in Michigan

That was my basic email to customer service and here is the response.

Thank you for contacting BMW Motorrad USA regarding your 2017 BMW R 1200 RT. We are sorry to read of your concerns.

Authorized BMW Motorrad dealers are independently owned and operated. We are sorry to learn that your preferred authorized BMW Motorrad dealer, BMW Motorcycles of Detroit, has closed.

Since technical information regarding repairs and maintenance is allocated to authorized BMW Motorrad dealers, we recommend contacting the service team at BMW Motorcycles of Southeast Michigan for a complete diagnosis. They are your nearest authorized BMW Motorrad dealer, and they have the mechanical training and expertise to further assist you and are eager to share their knowledge.

Not too happy with this response

Copied via "Quick Quote", cleaned up via Notepad++, reposted.