IGNORED

Basecamp question

Rex R

I'm trying to organize my waypoints and routes a little better in BC.

Is it possible to print a list of the contents of each of my Folders and Lists?

:dontknow:

I'm trying to organize my waypoints and routes a little better in BC.

Is it possible to print a list of the contents of each of my Folders and Lists?

:dontknow:

Afternoon Rex

Maybe?-- You can obviously export the entire My Collection, or other folders, as a .GPX or other GPS friendly files.

I haven't ever tried to convert to a list but you can get a very unfriendly export to text by exporting as a Tab-Delimited .txt. It isn't very friendly to work with but it should give you at least the names in a copyable (sp) text form (not much useful for anything except a list)

Added_ if you just want a list to look at for reference (can't change or alter) then you can always bring up what you want to copy then just do a simple screen dump to a .JPG (snipping tool)

Edited by dirtrider
Added_ if you just want a list to look at for reference (can't change or alter) then you can always bring up what you want to copy then just do a simple screen dump to a .JPG (snipping tool)

That's precisely what I want: just a list (the text) of which routes/waypoints are in each list/folder. then I'll go back to BC and move/delete as appropriate.

Exporting to a .txt file gives me WAY too much extraneous data. Can you describe the "screen dump/snipping tool" a little bit? What and how?

BTW my friend, I still think BC s_ _ _ s!

:whistle:

Edited by Rex R

That's precisely what I want: just a list (the text) of which routes/waypoints are in each list/folder. then I'll go back to BC and move/delete as appropriate.

Exporting to a .txt file gives me WAY too much extraneous data. Can you describe the "screen dump/snipping tool" a little bit? What and how?

Morning Rex

If you have a newer Windows computer then you should have a program on it called (Snipping Tool) -- Just do a computer search for it. Then open the snipping tool, then tell it NEW, then draw a box around what you want save then tell it save to the desktop.

(OR)-If you have a Windows computer there should be a key on your keyboard called Print Screen, just bring up the screen data that you want to capture into center view, then push the print screen key. Now open PAINT, then hold down the Ctrl (control) key & hit the V key & that should paste the screen capture into paint, then just save it as a .jpg.

Afternoon Rex

I might have found you a work-around.

Open BaseCamp, then bring up what you want to copy into the L/H pane.

Then highlight the data in the L/H pane & left mouse button copy.

Now paste into Map Source.

NOW, highlight the L/H pane in Map Source then left-mouse-button-copy again.

Now say 3 magic words & it should simply paste into Microsoft Word (or other word type program)

Afternoon Rex

I might have found you a work-around.

Open BaseCamp, then bring up what you want to copy into the L/H pane.

Then highlight the data in the L/H pane & left mouse button copy.

Now paste into Map Source.

NOW, highlight the L/H pane in Map Source then left-mouse-button-copy again.

Now say 3 magic words & it should simply paste into Microsoft Word (or other word type program)

My computer is 3 years old, but I do have the snipping tool. Works great for what I need.

Your workaround works well, too. But I find that pasting it into Excel is better b/c the data that I am copying from MapSource is in column format. I suppose Word tables might also work, but Excel is specifically designed to handle rows and columns of data.

Thanks!