IGNORED

01' 1150GS Alarm removal

ThomasJ

Ok...I'm attemping to remove the BMW alarm and am stymied....I have the three main components removed but not sure how to handle the harness connectors.

In doing a web search I found some guys saying is easier than trying to explain it...some have pics that I cannot view due to lack of photobucket/P500 3rd party sharing??? I'm not overly web savy so I'm prolly doing something wrong there....

Been looking for a schematic but I get the impression it was a dealer-only drawing set....

In any event was wondering if anyone has successfully removed the alarm system and can offer helpful info...

Thanks

Tom

Ok...I'm attemping to remove the BMW alarm and am stymied....I have the three main components removed but not sure how to handle the harness connectors.

In doing a web search I found some guys saying is easier than trying to explain it...some have pics that I cannot view due to lack of photobucket/P500 3rd party sharing??? I'm not overly web savy so I'm prolly doing something wrong there....

Been looking for a schematic but I get the impression it was a dealer-only drawing set....

In any event was wondering if anyone has successfully removed the alarm system and can offer helpful info...

Thanks

Tom

Afternoon Tom

I'm on the road this weekend so have no access to any of my old BMW paper documents.

What you need is the P/N- 01297680958 BMW install instructions ( DWA 5.1 - R1150GS ).

From those you can (hopefully) just reverse the install order to end up with an uninstall.

Maybe swing by your local BMW dealer & ask nicely if they will print you out a copy.

With regard to Photobucket photos, if you use Chrome, you can get a chrome extension which will show them.

Its hit or miss, try this one first

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-embed-fix/naolkcpnnlofnnghnmfegnfnflicjjgj?hl=en

If not there, are a few others

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg?hl=en

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/fix-embedded-photobucket/cdngpnpgjighldbibdgpddaieidknhlf?hl=en

I would use Extensity to make it easier to turn them on/off (and just on when you need them)

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/extensity/jjmflmamggggndanpgfnpelongoepncg

Scott...thanks for the links....the first one worked like a charm...helped me see what others were commenting on....think I've got the alarm removal figured out...of course the proof is in the pudding and I wont be certain until it starts....I normally don't like changing 2 things at once but I just rebuilt the hall affect sensor so here's hoping :eek:

...also removing the gobs of wires going to the battery and putting in a remote fuse block where the alarm was....here's really hoping! :dopeslap:

Hello Roger....its the OEM model from Gemel (Met I think)...

Why?.....havent used it for years and when I did the non-fob activator didnt work well....I also want to add a fuse block for the farkles rather than have a jumbled mess around the battery...and the space that the removed alarm system would free up us just right...

Also couldnt see the need on a 16yr old bike with >100k mi on the odo....

Ok....so the dang thing works like a champ...alarm removed...starts up...fuse block installed...even fixed the ABS!

Take a picture quick cuz it will never happen again! :clap:

Will try to add a pic of the fuse block install....

20170904_113255_resized_1_zps84j23fja.jpg.html

Thanks to all who chimed in...greatly appreciated.