IGNORED

Radio Problem

bmwdavid

Finally was able to get out for a short ride for the first time this season due to my shoulder surgery. I plugged in the audio adapter cable, plugged in the itouch, fumbled thru the settings and had tunes from my itouch. Shortly into the ride the music cut out. I pulled over and couldn't get the audio to do anything. Got home and unplugged the cable and itouch and tried the following. I hit the menu to the right of the wheel and found Audio, clicked the wheel to the right and it shows nothing. Tried turning the power on and off thru the button on the left console and nothing still. All other functions on the wheel work with combo of menu and right/left click of the wheel. Any suggestions? I put the trickle charger on the bike but doubt that is it.

Did you check that the adapter plug was connected tightly? I think I had my cable come loose one time. Also, is your adapter a BMW part? Was told there are cheap alternatives out there.

Pat

I unplugged the BMW adaptor cable and still can't figure it out. Will have to call the dealer on Tuesday. All functions of the menu button and wheel work. When I scroll thru the menu to Audio and right click on the wheel the screen is blank. I tried hitting the power button on the left console but nothing. I am unable to see FM, Satellite or any other source. I assume the sequence is to scroll to audio, turn it on if it already isn't on and pick a source. Unfortunately I cannot see it or choose a source.

If you can't see any source (of music) and you are using the correct BMW adaptor then it sounds like it isn't your itouch causing a problem, but where this happened after plugging it in makes you wonder. I take it that this is a new bike so sounds like the dealer should have a look.

I do not have a remedy for your specific situation except to let the dealer help.

but... have you tried just letting the iPod Touch Bluetooth/Pair to the Audio system?

Other than that... is sounds like there may be a cable/connector issue.

The magic words... "Warranty" may apply. The good news is that the bike is new and they will be there to support you.

FWIW- my solution to on-bike audio is to use a jump drive loaded with my tunes. Plug it into the right-hand box. Use the wonder wheel to drill down to it. Mine plays great as an audio source for the garage. For audio on a ride- which is basically every ride- I pair the BMW audio system to my Sena wireless headset. note: it is basically automatic... once the pairing is made- it just happens when you power-up for a ride.... Pair-once, you are done.

(in addition I pair my iPhone to the Nav V and can send/receive phone calls and etc... in addition the music) (in this option I do have to pair my iPhone to the Nav V for each ride- this is really time consuming- shoot- it takes about 3 seconds....

Headsets=good. I am kinda over the wires....