IGNORED

Zumo memory card management

Rex R

Hi guys

Anyone know how to delete files (routes) from the memory card in a Zumo?

Basecamp lets me view the routes in the card but not delete them.

The Zumo menu system allows me to view and import them but not delete them. (Side note: I can delete routes from internal memory, but not from the card.)

I can open a Windows Explorer window and delete files, but the routes (which are in :/Garmin/GPX) are only identified as Route0.gpx, Route1.gpx, Route2.gpx, Rou.... Well you get the idea. It's not very practical to open each one before I can delete it, not when I know by the route name that I created if it should stay or if it should go. (to paraphrase The Clash)

Afternoon Rex

You should be able to go--

where to__ routes__ pick the route to delete__ then edit__ then down arrow__ then delete.

Afternoon Rex

Have you tried__

Plugging GPS into computer then going to the external drive, then GARMIN folder__ Then GPX (that is where most on my pre-imported routes & waypoints reside).

Afternoon Rex

Have you tried__

Plugging GPS into computer then going to the external drive, then GARMIN folder__ Then GPX (that is where most on my pre-imported routes & waypoints reside).

'

Hey Dirtrider,

Of course. But as I said in my OP, the files are simply named Route1.gpx Route2 etc. Makes it a little tougher to delete the right ones and when I cant see the names that I assigned.

I can double click each one (it opens in Mapsource by default). But I'm hoping someone can share a more efficient method.

Afternoon Rex

Have you tried__

'

Hey Dirtrider,

Of course. But as I said in my OP, the files are simply named Route1.gpx Route2 etc. Makes it a little tougher to delete the right ones and when I cant see the names that I assigned.

I can double click each one (it opens in Mapsource by default). But I'm hoping someone can share a more efficient method.

Evening Rex

Why not upload all to MapSorce, then delete all the .GPX on your SD card, then select the ones that you want to keep in MapSource & upload only those back to your SD card.

Because they each open in a separate "instance" of Mapsource. Not the most practical method.

I ended up importing them one at a time into Basecamp (still do not like that program!) and identifying which to delete or save.

Thanks, everyone, for your suggestions.

Deleting Data

You can permanently delete BaseCamp™ data stored on your computer or on a connected Garmin® device. To delete an item from your computer, you must delete it from My Collection.

NOTE: Some Garmin devices do not support the deletion of data using the BaseCamp application.

Select one or more items (Selecting Multiple Items).

Select Edit > Delete.

Select Delete.

Edited by AZgman
Deleting Data

You can permanently delete BaseCamp data stored on your computer or on a connected Garmin device. To delete an item from your computer, you must delete it from My Collection.

NOTE: Some Garmin devices do not support the deletion of data using the BaseCamp application.

Select one or more items (Selecting Multiple Items).

Select Edit > Delete.

Select Delete.

Repost of AZgman's message. I removed the TM and ® symbols.