IGNORED

Fri Sep 15th Socal ride

longjohn

There are already two of us, so who else wants to ride along??? Tentatively we would do lunch at Tina's in Maricopa, leaving Starbucks at 9ish in Santa Clarita: 28120 The Old Road. Shell station there for gassing up. The weather should be in low 80s in Maricopa and in 60s at Pine Mt Park. Oh, and you can get to see my newly painted side case as a bonus.

Hey Larry I know you're out there, and you too Frank! Hakan, that goes for you too.

Maybe we'll see the usual suspects, after all there will be FOO FOO COFFEE

The route goes something like this: 126>150>33>166>Hudson Ranch Rd>5

Hey doesn't RTJohn live up that a ways too???

Edited by longjohn

Good to hear from you. I had a heart attack and 7 strokes a couple weeks ago and won"t be on bike for awhile. will try to go to Starbucks to meet you, if not have fun.

Good to hear from you. I had a heart attack and 7 strokes a couple weeks ago and won"t be on bike for awhile. will try to go to Starbucks to meet you, if not have fun.

I'm sorry Frank, that's terrible news. I hope you're feeling better and on the mend. It is encouraging though that you feel you will be riding again. I hope to see you at Starbucks.

Frank,

I'm sorry to hear that. It is encouraging that you are up and about so soon.

It would be great to see you Friday morning, but don't push yourself too hard.

Seven strokes... Good grief!

Whether it is lunch at Tina's in Maricopa, a world famous Jalama Burger, or lunch at the Grizzly, count me in!

Sorry to hear about your bad news Frank, hope to see you at Starbucks if you are up to it.

I could be talked into a Jalama Beach ride. I even have a route mapped out.

Depends on what time I get off work the night before.

So I assume we are good to go on Friday, but if you get off in time on Thu., you would want an earlier departure from Starbucks, like 8am?

We can take a vote on where to go when we get together Friday morning.

Why don't we just make it kickstands up at 8:30 am, no matter where we end up going?

I left the house at 730 and returned by 530, and had a great day riding with some wonderful people. We had high clouds with mild temps until we started the backside of 33 out of Ojai, when the clouds disappeared but the temps remained perfect. We didn't receive any performance awards today although there were some opportunities.

We stopped at the fire station where we met the fire house cat who hopped up on to the top case of Groanup's RT.

original.jpg

This was also an op to let you see Carl's new (to him) Interceptor. It has a nice 240 mi range and came with top case and side cases and tank bag. Carl took a few days to cruise Utah and CO for Labor Day on this same bike.

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

The we had a scrumptious lunch at Tina's in Maricopa. She has been operating this diner for 44 years.

original.jpg

Edited by longjohn

Nice pics John!

Elba was asking if I took a photo of the cat. Now she can see it for herself!

It was a great day to ride. Thanks for suggesting it!

Nice pics John!

Elba was asking if I took a photo of the cat. Now she can see it for herself!

It was a great day to ride. Thanks for suggesting it!

So, when are you getting that. new cat!!! :)