IGNORED

Red Lodge, MT

Doug_Baliko

I'm heading out on a 10 day riding trip at the end of of next week. I'm going to spend two nights in Red Lodge Montana. Besides Chief Joseph and Beartooth, which are planned rides, is there another half day route out of Red Lodge that's a nice ride?

Doug

John Ranalletta

Doug, while not a 1/2-day ride, if you find you've got an 2 hours or so, take a run from Red Lodge to Columbus via rte 78. It is a hoot. Fernando took that route out of Red Lodge and raved about it. It's not a technical road, but a collection of sweet sweepers. Have fun.

We rode south east to 14a through the Big Horns. The first half of that trip is pretty meh but the ascent and alpine sections are fun.

+1 on the 78.

I like small roads, so I'd probably add the 420/419 loop out to Nye.

(Nye doesn't seem to be anything more than a post office...)

+2

However, after doing Beartooth and Chief Joseph ya might want to do'em again to see what ya missed! You won't be disappointed. :burnout:

Enjoy!

Doug, while not a 1/2-day ride, if you find you've got an 2 hours or so, take a run from Red Lodge to Columbus via rte 78. It is a hoot. Fernando took that route out of Red Lodge and raved about it. It's not a technical road, but a collection of sweet sweepers. Have fun.

I thought that was the only way in and out of Red Lodge... :java:

Havent been that way this year, but hopefully most of the road construction should be completed.... It is the most direct way to the capitol....(home).... :grin: