IGNORED

Craigslist find of the day

TEWKS

Likely, the tag line is "318 curves in 11 miles". And those rocks look rather Appalachian. I haven't seen that sign but haven't been over there in quite a few years either.

I'm a little more concerned/sorta glad to see a wethead GS and an airhead GS advertised on CL for the same price.

Edited by roadscholar
1997 BMW R850R $2500 42,500mi *link*

01212_ge4wMC0SaG5_600x450.jpg

There weren't many 850's imported into the US. In fact they didn't sell well anywhere. They were created for the European market where displacement had advantages with licensing. It cost BMW just as much to make as an 1100 which meant the sale price was close.

Hardly ever see one for sale in the US. That looks like a clean example of a 10 year old bike.

1996 BMW 850R

Here's one by me I've been eyeballing.

Well that would be way cheaper than buying a Jeep for Nicol to drive to Alaska...

Nah, it'd be for me. I'm just not sure how much I'd ride it.

1997 BMW R850R $2500 42,500mi *link*

01212_ge4wMC0SaG5_600x450.jpg

...Hardly ever see one for sale in the US. That looks like a clean example of a 10 year old bike.

That it's actually a 20-year-old bike makes it look that much cleaner! :)

Ya gotta wonder how it turns out that an 18 year old motorcycle only has 6K miles on it. Did the buyer have too much room in the garage and wanted a motorcycle to fill the space?

Ya gotta wonder how it turns out that an 18 year old motorcycle only has 6K miles on it. Did the buyer have too much room in the garage and wanted a motorcycle to fill the space?

I always felt like I had a Garage Queen if I did not ride the bike more than six thousand miles a year but I have seen more than one riding buddy with bikes similar to this craigslist ad.

Two or three six :dontknow: bikes and a couple of kids, I could see how that might happen. :whistle:

Pat

Two or three six :dontknow: bikes and a couple of kids, I could see how that might happen. :whistle:

Pat

That's the problem. I've never owned more than 3 bikes at a time and am currently down to two. :dopeslap:

That's the problem. I've never owned more than 3 bikes at a time and am currently down to two. :dopeslap:

I'm at 4, and I really need to get down to two. The maintenance is what's killing me - I spend more time working on the things than riding them. Problem is these bikes come up on Craigslist and I get itchy fingers.

I'm at 4, and I really need to get down to two. The maintenance is what's killing me - I spend more time working on the things than riding them. Problem is these bikes come up on Craigslist and I get itchy fingers.

Maybe he just didn't have, make the time to ride... sure is clean!

I have had three R1200Cs, a first year in ivory/brown which was my favorite, a 2004 with the dual plug and CL heavier setup which I disliked, and the euro colored one which I decided by then that memories of my first R1200C were rose colored

Well I scored today and the seller already took the ad down.

I recently bought an 03 650 GS. This morning a MOA member posted front and back spoke wheels with rotors and tires as well as an extra tube and rear sprocket.

His ad was unclear as to price. I called him and offered $100 for the lot and he said he was happy to get that and would have his wife transport them from NW Arkansas to St. Louis where I could pic it all up at his daughters house.

95 Yellow RSL

1995 RSL

The ELUSIVE Kalahari Yellow RSL. Always garaged and covered. Olin shocks, ABS, Corbin saddle, both saddle bags, bar back, throttle lock, She's in very good shape. I have not been riding her for about 4 years. You will need to clean her out and tune her up to get her running. Has both saddle bags and key starts her and opens her bags.

See more at

Price: 1,000.00

Retrieve e-mail address

This guy want about four grand for this thing. Mint or no mint, he's been smoking crack.

LINK

00U0U_hNVvqNzd2bh_600x450.jpg

It's not a question of mint or no mint. It's a cult machine - just like the beloved BMW C1 or a Vincent.

Edited by John Bentall

I have tried to locate the rsl but either cannot or do not know how. I would go pick it up if it has not been flooded by H. Irma

Edited by bwpsg42

It probably needs a new fd at best ... but i'd still go pick it up if I were in Portland. Considered trying to get someone there to go get it for me, but probably too much work to be worth it for that.

https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/mcy/d/r1100s-bmw-boxer-cup-rep/6319611160.html

R1100S BMW Boxer Cup Rep - $800 (N. Portland)

Hasn't been started in 8 mo. Stored outside. Final Drive sleeve zip tie broke, some shaft oil lost. Battery is probably dead. Trying to find the title. Staintune exhaust, BMW hardbags, starter has been replaced (missing starter cover). Your going to need a trailer as I'm not planning on addressing the un-sealed final drive.

00r0r_500dAaLdwuP_600x450.jpg

00303_ftehi24qfIb_600x450.jpg