IGNORED

Evacation Breakdown...clutch info needed

Sailing John

Hello Folks, Never leave home without a spare clutch cable, especially when a hurricane is on your tail. 5 hours to make it to an exit was what it took to kill mine. Could some body look up the adjustments for the clutch cable. It have replaced prior but am not sure of the exact adjustments. I don't recall the exact procedure. I know it's a combo of the bolt and the lever adjuster. Any help is appreciated. Now to get back into the keys.

Hello Folks, Never leave home without a spare clutch cable, especially when a hurricane is on your tail. 5 hours to make it to an exit was what it took to kill mine. Could some body look up the adjustments for the clutch cable. It have replaced prior but am not sure of the exact adjustments. I don't recall the exact procedure. I know it's a combo of the bolt and the lever adjuster. Any help is appreciated. Now to get back into the keys.

Your bike model and year?

My R1100RT clutch cable adjustment is ...

Set space at the handlebar first, between the cable adjuster and the lock nut, 12mm.

Then set the free play of the clutch lever by adjusting the bolt at the transmission. Release the lock not then turn the adjuster bolt until you get 7mm free play at the lever. Hold the lever in (tie it) and tighten the lock nut.