IGNORED

Fuel Line Quick Disconnect

TexasMule

I'm thinking about replacing the fuel line disconnects on my 2008 RT. Either my search fu blows, or this hasn't been discussed in forever.

My question, I've replaced these before on a couple GSs and older R1150RTs but never on a hexhead. Does the female portion of the disconnect inside the fuel pump housing screw out?

I really don't want to screw up the fuel pump housing while attempting a relatively simple procedure.

I'm thinking about replacing the fuel line disconnects on my 2008 RT. Either my search fu blows, or this hasn't been discussed in forever.

My question, I've replaced these before on a couple GSs and older R1150RTs but never on a hexhead. Does the female portion of the disconnect inside the fuel pump housing screw out?

I really don't want to screw up the fuel pump housing while attempting a relatively simple procedure.

Afternoon TexasMule

Yes it can be screwed out but I highly suggest that you don't. It is very easy to crack the plastic boss that it screws into.

Thanks DR.

It's already the weak point on the fuel pump assembly, no reason to exacerbate the problem.

I think I'll leave it be. Highly unlikely it will ever break.

Edited by TexasMule