IGNORED

Equifax data breach

Twinsig

My credit has been frozen for 5+ years(when I found out you could),.....kinda stoopid if an individual has not done it in the advanced information age.

John Ranalletta

Regarding Equifax, why can't we sue the banks, credit card cos, etc. who provided our private data to Equifax without our consent; or provided it with our consent to an entity whose security they had not vetted.

Probably a dumb question, but what's the diff between a credit freeze and a security freeze? I am an Equifax customer and all I find is a link to a security freeze. Someone please enlighten an old guy.

Probably a dumb question, but what's the diff between a credit freeze and a security freeze? I am an Equifax customer and all I find is a link to a security freeze. Someone please enlighten an old guy.

They should be the same thing. A security freeze on your credit.

I've got all three major agencies on freeze (credit/security/semantics).

One of the benefits is a lot less junk mail and credit card offers. If they can't ping your credit, they have no idea if your eligible.

The other benefit is the "impulse buy" for big items. Say you're out shopping and find that "I gotta have it now" Ford Pinto but you need to finance it,....well, if you're not carrying around your ten digit PINs, you can't "unfreeze" your accounts to get your credit run. It gives you plenty of time to "rethink" your impulse buy on that Pinto while you go home and find those PINs.

So, . . . can I actually trust any Equifax (or Credit Reporting Agencies) to ACTUALLY place a security freeze on my credit???

I just tried the above website (Equifax), and got the message:

We are currently unable to service your request.

Please try again later.

Yea. Guess you are scrambling around doing damage control right now.

So, . . . can I actually trust any Equifax (or Credit Reporting Agencies) to ACTUALLY place a security freeze on my credit???

I just tried the above website (Equifax), and got the message:

We are currently unable to service your request.

Please try again later.

Yea. Guess you are scrambling around doing damage control right now.

Well, as a "for instance", you know when you're walking through the mall and the associate says "Let's offer you a credit card and you can get XX% off shopping today",....so, I play their little game and let them run my credit, but I preface it with,..."if you can't run my credit do I still get the discount?" and the response is always "yes", let the games begin,....."sorry sir, we can't run your credit check",...exactly, gimme my discount!!

Yep. Mines been frozen for 12 years. First the DoD, , then OPM, then the VA, then Equifax all comprised. Everyone has my info, everyone.

They have everyone's data.

You file tax returns.

So, the same folks many of us don't think can do X, are in charge of keeping our data secure.

:rofl: