IGNORED

Alternatives Instead of Navigator V or Vl

Stu K

Does anyone know if there is an alternative to the Nav 5 or 6 that will fit the cradle on the RT and integrate with the audio system or are the Navigator units the only alternative without much customization/modification?

Thxs.,

Stu

I think there are a couple of newer model Garmins that will physically connect to the RT. But none of them will allow you to use the wonder wheel or get audio through the bike's system. The BMW units are the only one's to do that. Basically you'd get power only.

I think there are also a couple of tweaks to the firmware as well. So it isn't just a pin-out issue to the connector.

For me, the wonderwheel integration, along with the "my motorcycle" additional information made the jump from a Zumo 665 to a Nav V worthwhile. I got a used one at a good price and was able to sell my Zumo.

Thanks for the info. I think I would like the integration of the wonder wheel and the capability of bluetooth without all the extra effort. So that being said I have to try and see if I can pick up a lightly used one for a decent price....

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah, thats what I would want as well...I'll keep my eyes open for a decent price on a used V....thxs!

I've got a Nav V unit I'm going to put up for sale in the near future. If you are interested in it drop me a PM and we'll work out the details.

markgoodrich

The Nav IV, which does everything I've ever wanted a gps to do, snaps right in. I'm using it with a Sena headset. I updated the unit on the Garmin site the other day, and it downloaded the 2018 mapset. A lot cheaper, I imagine, than the newer models.

I'm sure it is a lot cheaper, but to me I would feel like I should have spent the extra on the 5. Then I buy the 5 and think I should have spent a little extra and bought the 6. Then I buy the 6 and I think would I have been ok with just the 5 and so on and so forth...So thats why I still advent pulled the trigger on any of them yet...