IGNORED

Gerbing heated gear - new website

AnotherLee

Gerbing was making their clothes in Greensboro, NC area. Not sure where they are now. Especially since I heard that they merged with an out door gear company.

Hmmm.

Address given as:

Gerbing Heated Gear, LLC

4027 N Tatnall St Ste 16278

Wilmington, Delaware 19801

Google does show a 4027 Tatnall St (no "N"), which would be the side of a row of houses.

Street numbers on N Tatnall St do not go as high as 4027, but there is a 427 N Tatnall St. That location brings up links to a business offering "virtual" mail addresses, which would fit with the "Suite 16278" portion of Gerbing's contact info.

I've always considered Gerbing to be a reputable company, but I think I'd email or phone for a clarification on their location before doing business with them.

This is not the original Gerbings. It's Gyde wear with the Gerbing name. They keep the name when they bought the Gerbing company a few years ago.

I had a terrible experience with a warranty repair. I was never able to talk to a human. The message said leave my credit card number on the answering machine and they would get back with me. I don't think so! That soured me on ever buying anything from them again.

Alan

Wow, Alan - I’d feel the same way if treated like that.

My experience was much better: bought a pair of heated gloves from a private party which failed in the first 2 weeks. Was allowed a new pair when they found them unfixable and then exchanged them for a size larger. All this in spite of their stated warranty condition of only to original purchaser. Just my experience, FWIW.

Wow, Alan - I'd feel the same way if treated like that.

My experience was much better: bought a pair of heated gloves from a private party which failed in the first 2 weeks. Was allowed a new pair when they found them un-fixable and then exchanged them for a size larger. All this in spite of their stated warranty condition of only to original purchaser. Just my experience, FWIW.

Note: edited my blank post above. iOS/Chrome suggested wrong type of apostrophe in the word "I'd". (Who knew?)

Edited by TheOtherLee

When they moved to NC I had a great experience with them. But thought they got sold again and was why I was looking for the address. So it looks like BOTH Gerbings are not the one we have known and loved. Thankfully my micro wire gear still works great. When they were on the West Coast you could get a custom size made. Guess those days are gone.