IGNORED

Insurance rates?

ncstatecamp

04 R1100S with Progressive, full coverage, 25/50/25, 500 deductible comp & collision, roadside assistance, $3000 coverage included for accessories, $143/yr. Yours will vary.

Progressive... I just renewed and shopped around, they still were the best, Beat Geico, Riders, State Farm.

2010 R1200RT, $250K/100k/250k. 250 deductible. Comp and collision

And MOST IMPORTANTLY: uninsured, underinsured- 250k/500k. YOU WANT MAX COVERAGE THERE.

250deductibles, 3k accessory coverage. $257

I have a deduction for multiple bikes.. that's just the RT portion.

Edited by w2ge

I'm in NJ, which certainly isn't a cheap insurance state... but we do not get any medical coverage under motorcycle insurance... I'm 60 yo w zero points, claims, etc.

YMMV... I assume you're in NC? ..and u shopped a few companies?

You have to love insurance companies, they reward your loyalty by rising the rates thinking you won't bother to shop around. I do it every couple of years.. I was with RIDER for years, never a claim, etc.. and my insurance went up and up with them. I Said--- BYE BYE.. GFY! ;-)

Rates vary, all over the country.

Only matters about where you are.

My insurance ran about .70 a day.

Your age, and driving record may or may not be similar to mine.

Ya gotta compare apples to apples. I'm 49, m, and been riding for many years and also in North Carolina. No tickets on my record, no accidents or claims either. Below you will see my rates. I have an RT, Shadow and HP4,.....guess which is which and runs up the rates ;) And no one need tell me my coverage's aren't sufficient, they're sufficient for me. and I have Progressive

.........................................................................2006.....2010......2014

..........................................................................Bmw......Honda.....Bmw

BODILY INJURY & PROPERTY DAMAGE LIABILITY......................$100.91..$94.55...$94.55

....BI $50,000 EACH PERSON - $100,000 EACH ACCIDENT

....PROPERTY DAMAGE LIABILITY - $25,000 EACH ACCIDENT

OTHER THAN COLLISION $1,000 DED................................$11.00...$4.00....$66.00

COLLISION $1,000 DEDUCTIBLE....................................$27.00...$13.00...$164.00

ACCESSORY COVERAGE $3,000......................................INCL.....INCL.....INCL

TOWING & LABOR EACH DISABLEMENT $100 LIMIT.....................$8.00....$8.00....$8.00

Premium by Vehicle.............................................$146.91..$119.55...$332.55

....Policy Level Coverage

Combined Uninsured/Underinsured................................$59.00 (all bikes)

....Motorists Bodily Injury

....$50,000 Each Person - $100,000 Each Accident

Uninsured Motorist Property Damage.............................$5.00 (all bikes)

$25,000 Each Accident Less $100 Deductible

Total Policy Premium...........................................$663.01

Edited by Living the Dream
Damn why is my quote so high then.... My standard is 100/300/50 comp collision 250 deduc, 100/300k uninsured/underinsured for 550-900

Most of the low rates that you see quoted is for minimal coverage amounts. So you have to compare apples to apples. You can't get upset if someone carrying 50,000 in coverage has a lot lower rate than someone carrying 500,000 in coverage. Vehicle insurance is there to protect you and your assets.

Doug

Edited by dbaliko
Progressive... I just renewed and shopped around, they still were the best, Beat Geico, Riders, State Farm.

And MOST IMPORTANTLY: uninsured, underinsured- 250k/500k. YOU WANT MAX COVERAGE THERE.

My rates have not gone down at all with Progressive. I have max and it's nearly 600 a year and I haven't made any claims in the 5 years I've had them. When I asked why, they said their expenses went up. I got a quote from Dairyland for $150 less a year for the same coverage.

My rates have not gone down at all with Progressive. I have max and it's nearly 600 a year and I haven't made any claims in the 5 years I've had them. When I asked why, they said their expenses went up. I got a quote from Dairyland for $150 less a year for the same coverage.

Just to be clear... I've NEVER seen rates go down, the longer you're with an insurance company (if you thought that's what I meant?). No, they pay back your loyalty by RAISING rates... SOB's

IIn my case, however, when I shopped around Progressive was still cheaper than these other companies.

Ponch, watch your Dairyland rate in a couple of years... if they're like other insurance company, they'll gift your loyalty with rate increases. ;-)

My state ,OK, has higher rates on cages than I paid back in IL. but

bike rates are lower. Currently everything is with with State Farm

and $200/yr for the 05 RT and $250/yr for the 2013 RT.

I need to sell the 05 and save some money.

The key is having a good agent. My agent went through all our

policies and cut some coverage's , increased others and the

net result was a nice savings.

Agent is also a lawyer and did our wills and final argements

for free. Such a deal. :thumbsup:

Phil,

Mine went down, over time.

Progressive.

Go figure.

Wow... certainly not usual. I wish mine would,

but it's essentially gone up (albeit not much) over the past 4 years. And for ABSOLUTELY no reason on my part..

Unless they've watched me ride! :-)

Phil,

Mine went down, over time.

Progressive.

Go figure.

Mine has dropped over the years, also Progressive. Though >25 years without a claim probably helps.

It did go up a bit when I sold my second (older) bike. Probably would have been cheaper to keep the bike, but I wanted the space.

Your age, credit rating, driving record and location all influence rates in ways that make rate comparisons between individuals meaningless. If you want a better rate, you just have to keep shopping.

Edited by lkraus
Damn why is my quote so high then.... My standard is 100/300/50 comp collision 250 deduc, 100/300k uninsured/underinsured for 550-900

I'm in the same boat as you. I shopped all around and combined home, 5 cars, a trailer and the RT, and Geico had the best rates for us. My coverage is the same as you listed above and I'm at $800 in CA. After I get my license, it will go down to $500. (I've been riding for 35 years, but gave up my license after I was hit by a car 10 years ago. Back on the horse and just got my permit - so don't think I'm dangerous and illegal).

I was also surprised that the LT is cheap to insure. The RT, ST, and GS seem expensive? Can't explain insurance or CA!!

i had progressive for about 10 years....each year tiny hike until about 4 years ago I went shopping and found out it was too high. I shopped them all....State Farm, Dairyland, geico, nationwide, a few others including allstate.... Allstate had best rate for me and it hasn't gone up yet. I shared quotes with Progressive and asked if they would match any...nope...so left them.

One thing you can do to keep your rates down.. I have full motorcycle coverage with uninsured and high coverage. I dropped all medical because I have medical plans through work. I dropped it on cars as well. YMMV

Edited by Skywagon

I have been using Foremost Insurance for my bike. After Progressive doubled the rate when Florida adapted the no helmet law.

When I had my accident, they where extremely fast in handling my the claim.

Very happy customer.

I'm in Georgia and I shopped it and found Foremost was priced very well and they're geared to our needs, not just thinking of us as an add-on