IGNORED

NO Headlight

njl4

Pulled and replaced the bulb on my 96 r1100rt, still no head light. When I activate the high beam I also have no light, but when I press the passing button the high beam lights up. Could someone please tell me which fuse and or relay is used for the head light.

Thank you, njl4

Edited by njl4
Pulled and replaced the bulb on my 96 r1100rt, still no head light. When I activate the high beam I also have no light, but when I press the passing button the high beam lights up. Could someone please tell me which fuse and or relay is used for the head light.

Thank you, njl4

Afternoon njl4

Well, if you have flash-to-pass operational then your ign switch & and load relief relay circuits are probably working OK.

That leaves the high/low switch, or R/H side jumper, or wiring in between as the probable fault.

DOES YOUR BIKE HAVE A EUROPEAN HEADLIGHT SWITCH on the R/H switch pod????? If so then is it turned off????

Otherwise you will have to trace the wire & circuit from the load relief relay splice to the R/H handlebar headlight jumper then back across to the L/H hi/low switch (green/blue wire).

Thanks DR,

Took apart the switch to check for voltage and found none.Got the multi meter out and started ringing out the wires from the plug end to the switch itself. found the broken wire. right where it bends at the neck. Removed. most of the wire and soldiered in a new piece and were up and running again.

I checked all wires in the harness for ware just to make sure another one is not ready to brake. the others looked fine. Applied some new shrink wrap and put it together and we have lights again.

Thanks D.R. I guess I was a little nervous about tearing apart the harness and ringing out wires, all in all 3 hours later and were done and ready to ride. :)