IGNORED

Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA

Indy Dave

FARTERS - The Friday 6:30pm meal at Monet's is SOLD OUT! If you have any questions, please PM me. :)

We now have 2 arriving on Tuesday and by Wed night, 49 will have arrived! :bike::Yes::burnout:

Frank - so glad you and Steve can join us! :clap:

ROUTES: 2017 FART Routes

2017%20FART%20Blairsville%20templet%20attending%20Sept%2020%20rev.jpg

Dinner Guests:

1 marcopolo

2 TN_R11_Girl

3 Bud

4 John Ranalletta

5 Ruth

6 Kinsley

7 lawnchairboy

8 Burt

9 Randy Shields

10 Ron-M

11 Bernie

12 TyTass

13 Terri

14 Brianh70

15 DaveCinNO

16 greiffster

17 Foot

18 S.O.B.

19 Michelle

20 endobobdds

21 jimwms

22 MikeB60

23 DyAnne

24 Panhandle Chuck (Panama City Riders)

25 Erdok (Panama City Riders)

26 Tom L (Panama City Riders)

27 Wyn A (Panama City Riders)

28 Barry P (Panama City Riders)

29 Mike M (Panama City Riders)

30 Chris K

31 Folkdancer48

32 BMW_Ken

33 Working' Them Angels

34 EricInIndy

35 Lerxst

36 Tallman

37 Beth

38 slumgullion

39 Nikki

40 RightSpin

41 Cyclingkk

42 Jennie

43 F16Viper

44 terryofperry

45 id's_ok

46 Tasker

47 Bill Murray

48 Debbie

49 sockmonkey

50 SSTwin

51 knarf11

52 MedicMike

53 toddfjc

Edited by workin' them angels

After all the comments about the number of Canadians allowed to FART, I've decided its best this Canadian back out of the event. Very sorry to leave Mark to defend the honour of our country alone, but work is getting in the way.

There is a hotel room available if anyone needs it.

See everyone in the spring for START!

Jim

After all the comments about the number of Canadians allowed to FART, I've decided its best this Canadian back out of the event. Very sorry to leave Mark to defend the honour of our country alone, but work is getting in the way.

Jim

Sorry to hear you can not make it.

The good news is that I was able to get your room and am also open to a roomie if someone needs a place. I'm arriving Tuesday and leaving Saturday morning.

ROUTES ROUTES ROUTES!!!

Hi everyone, here is a link for FART 2017 Blairsville Routes

There are 3 routes that start with rides of about 100 miles to restaurants, then options for the returns as usual. There's also a short but great loop in case you get a late start.

Receiving Routes From Others.

Your maps and preferences may be different than those of the person you received them from, so to be sure you ride the intended route you must do the following or cuss me out when you return...if you return :rofl:

Open the GDB or GPX file in your software, then make duplicates of each route (usually a right click will show the option).

Change the color of the Duplicate route (usually double click, then go to "Info" and look there)

Note the mileage, then Re-calculate the Original route. The mileage should stay the same.

If the route mileage is different, look for the color you changed the Duplicate route to. You will need to add a Waypoint or Via point to the Original route to make it match the Duplicate route. Once the two routes are the same, delete the Duplicate route, then load the Original route(s) onto your GPS.

Apologies for the confusion. When the BMWST board moved to a new server, we picked up a gremlin (not the AMC kind) that fails to show some kinds of text when cut and pasted. Ken's post got caught up in that and some may have missed the routes.

Jim

Sorry to hear you can't make it, Jim. I was looking forward to singing O Canada with you in the parking lot.

Edited by marcopolo
FART ADMINISTRIVIA #3

...3) Remember Flea Market is Thursday Night. Give a heads up on items you're bringing OR items you're seeking.

Anyone have or know where I might locate a used or reasonably priced BMW NAV V 4 button cradel?

I have the BMW Navigator V but do not, as yet, have a cradle or way to mount/wire it on the bike (2002 K1200RS).

Marcopolo are you bringing Jim's Bourbon in his absence? I would think this would be a customary practice from our neighbors up north?

It's not a customary Canadian practice, so that would be a no. :grin: Besides, I've been living in the U.S. for the last four years I'm the furthest thing from a bourbon drinker. Now beer and wine, that's a different story.

FART ADMINISTRIVIA #3

...3) Remember Flea Market is Thursday Night. Give a heads up on items you're bringing OR items you're seeking.

Anyone have or know where I might locate a used or reasonably priced BMW NAV V 4 button cradel?

I have the BMW Navigator V but do not, as yet, have a cradle or way to mount/wire it on the bike (2002 K1200RS).

Bob, I read over at ADVRider, and at GPS City, that the Nav V supposedly works with the Garmin Zumo 660/665 cradle as well -- but you would need to confirm that. They, of course, would not have the four buttons that the BMW cradle has.

EDIT: I had a live chat with someone at GPS City, and they told me that, 1) you'd have to confirm with Garmin/BMW, whether the Nav V would fit in the 660/665 cradle; and, more importantly, 2) they no longer sell that cradle.

Edited by marcopolo

Evening Everyone:

I am hoping to score a "new" to me set of summer vented riding gloves, hopefully gauntlet style. My Klim gloves tore in the palms of both hands. Been looking at Held Airstream II, though I know a few of you attending tend to have a "small" glove collection. I wear a Large in the Klim and Medium in Alpinestar.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in a few days.

Mike

FINAL BLAIRSVILLE ADMINISTRIVIA

I've heard from many who have been busy getting their bikes in order and ready to roll! Count me among that list as well. (Has anyone seen my left hand glove? You know the one - black, with 6 fingers) Inconceivable! :rofl:

Weather is looking to be DRY with highs ranging from 69 - 84 and lows 47 - 58. :dance:

CONTESTS and AWARDS

REMEMBER to keep track your motorcycle mileage to Blairsville. When you check-in, please fill in the FART INFO sheet, being sure to record your starting location and mileage to Blairsville.

As Ken mentioned, we will again have a contest to see who can guess closest to the average motorcycle miles traveled to Blairsville, derived from the group's total mileage.

BUT WAIT! Remember to submit your scenic / landscapes / group photos to be eligible to win one of our fabulous prizes, plus the treasured traveling Froggy Trophy!

Text OR email your photos to: startfarting@gmail.com

Last years winner was id's ok - (Christopher). :clap:

BMW_ Ken won the second contest for most miles out of route. :clap::bike:

MixMaster Ken and I like a bit of unpredictability (kind of like Bud), so what other goodies, awards and contests we may have in store will be revealed at minimum by the time we hand out awards :lurk::wave::stir:

FLEA MARKET: Thursday at 6:30 in the Parking Lot. Sellers can gather items near/under the outdoor breezeway that connects buildings. If you're selling items, I encourage you to post a list of your items here.

The Announced Prizes :read:

frog%20traveling%20trophy.jpg

testing%20again-1.jpg

Enjoy the ride and good luck!

FLEA MARKET: Thursday at 6:30 in the Parking Lot. Sellers can gather items near/under the outdoor breezeway that connects buildings. If you're selling items, I encourage you to post a list of your items here.

I've got a Nelson-Rigg UV-2000 half cover (large) that fits a 1150RT rather nicely (I had to get an XL to fit the GS). Price: 1 IPA or 3 fingers of bourbon over ice. :beer:

BMW Nav 3 complete with disks, cradle. New battery and new screen

BMW Summer Pants Khaki 40/32

BMW Santiago Pants NEW Size 38

BMW Santiago Jacket Yellow /Tan very good cond. Euro 54

BMW Air Flow 2 Gloves - NEW Size 10 - 10.5 Grey

2 BMW Tank Bags - One like new, no yellowing. I ave cond with elct hook up

1 BMW Tank Bag Frame (RT)

Migsel Accessory Shelf - 05 - 13 RT's

GS 911 USB Gen 1 - 8 Vins remaining

Olympia One Piece Suit - XXL

Z-Technik Z4003 Full Exhaust system - header on back. Eliminates converter. Like new.

GS 911 Gen 1 USB Enthusiast 8 (of 10) VINS remaining

Hey John - I have another skid of knick knacks and treasures no one would want to be without. I bet you have plenty of room on your fancy air ride suspension trailer. I'll even throw in a deck of used playing cards for your trouble! :wave:

Jim

Well that's danged unfortunate!

ARE YOU READY TO FART?

Will your FART be a silent type, skillfully executed, leaving only those in your direct company aware you were there? Or will your FART be the kind that you intend to clandestinely deposit, only to find yourself in a mess due to a lack of awareness?

Take some time this weekend to review your roadcraft. Rehearse and sharpen your mental skills. Review your personal riding goals and limitations. And stick to them.

Be sure to be hydrating - now and all week.

Take the time to make sure your helmet visor, windshield, headlight and tail lights are cleaned (not just dusted).

Do a true physical inspection of your bike. Physically check each panel and make sure they're tight and screws haven't vibrated out.

How are your brake pads?

Put the bike on the center stand and run your hand all the way around each tire, while also visually inspecting it.

How's the cold air pressure?

Are the battery terminals snug and any accessory wiring you might have?

Look after that 'issue' you've been meaning to take care of for months.

If you're like me (and I know I am) - you live in an area whose roads are vastly different than the ones we'll be FARTing on. Take some time to process what that means for your riding style and awareness protocols. What do you need to adjust? If you'll be riding with others, think about how you'll be maintaining a safe distance from those in front of you.

Think about looking through the corner (and the rider ahead of you) - don't just follow the line of the guy in front - see through him or her and study the road and landscape ahead.

Take some time TODAY and practice your low speed tight turns.

Looking forward to seeing you all.

Enjoy the ride!

Edited by workin' them angels

I did a scouting route to Blairsville this morning just to warn them of all the FARTers headed their way :thumbsup:

On the way up there were a lot of Bicycles on Wolf Pen Gap (180) and 129. I hope it gets a little cooler so there won't be so many. Take a look at the routes you have planned and try to do those roads early in the morning, especially on Saturday.

I think The Witch has already checked in to FART HQ. My Garmin was doing some nutty stuff when I got near the hotel. It kept saying I was off route and asking if I wanted to re-calculate, even after re-calculating :jaw:

I restarted the route and then on the way home it kept showing me off the road and Magenta line I should have been on.

Mike, sorry to hear your can't join us. I'm away from the house right now, but will refund you meals when I return.

Safe travels

Better late than never. Reservations made for Thursday and Friday evening. Heading out Saturday morning.

Christine (HoonTang) will be joining me.

Looks like a good group :)

Edit: If any cancelled dinner slots are available, let me know.

Edited by StretchMark
Better late than never. Reservations made for Thursday and Friday evening. Heading out Saturday morning.

PM Sent ( in other words, yes, we have 2 spots open!)

Fan-Freaking-Tastic! Can't wait to see you guys.

We are out. Work just called and I'm off to El Paso (Fort

Bliss) tomorrow afternoon.

Noooo, Mike. Jeez, you guys had to cancel for the UN too. If you're not careful, we're going to start calling you "Bud Junior!" :ohboy:

:lurk:

Here we grow again. Despite the unfortunate loss of Mike and DyAnne :cry: , we picked up three :clap: (two steps back, three steps forward).

ROUTES: 2017 FART Routes

A record 61 FARTers! :bike::Yes::clap::dance:

We're going to need a bigger boat Restaurant. [ my second movie quote in two pages, the first one went unclaimed. :ohboy::cuz: ]

2017%20FART%20Blairsville%20templet%20attending%20Sept%2024.jpg

Noooo, Mike. Jeez, you guys had to cancel for the UN too. If you're not careful, we're going to start calling you "Bud Junior!" :ohboy:

Well, at least Mike and DyAnne make it to some of the SECFF lunches during the winter.

Another better late than never. Arriving late Thursday.... Is there still 1 dinner slot open after cancellations?

Yay Dave! Looking forward to riding with you! See you Thursday PM, if Bernie gets us back before dark!

Another better late than never. Arriving late Thursday.... Is there still 1 dinner slot open after cancellations?

Yay Dave! Looking forward to riding with you! See you Thursday PM, if Bernie gets us back before dark!

Wow, Steve making demands before it starts. :rofl:

Well, at least Mike and DyAnne make it to some of the SECFF lunches during the winter.

Hey now. :grin:

You must really not like Mike.:rofl:

Bernie leaves before dark.....

Correct. He leaves at 0 dark thirty in the morning to get in a couple hundred miles before the roads get crowded. :grin:

First alternate for dinner. Check your indbox for PM about dinner. Glad you can join us Dave!

Great food and even greater company:

1 marcopolo

2 TN_R11_Girl

3 Bud

4 John Ranalletta

5 Ruth

6 Kinsley

7 lawnchairboy

8 Burt

9 Randy Shields

10 Ron-M

11 Bernie

12 TyTass

13 Terri

14 Brianh70

15 DaveCinNO

16 greiffster

17 Foot

18 S.O.B.

19 Michelle

20 endobobdds

21 jimwms

22 Panhandle Chuck (Panama City Riders)

23 Erdok (Panama City Riders)

24 Tom L (Panama City Riders)

25 Wyn A (Panama City Riders)

26 Barry P (Panama City Riders)

27 Mike M (Panama City Riders)

28 Chris K

29 Folkdancer48

30 BMW_Ken

31 Working' Them Angels

32 EricInIndy

33 Lerxst (Rob)

34 Tallman

35 Beth

36 slumgullion

37 Nikki

38 RightSpin

39 Cyclingkk

40 Jennie

41 F16Viper

42 terryofperry

43 id's_ok

44 Tasker

45 Bill Murray

46 Debbie

47 sockmonkey

48 SSTwin

49 knarf11

50 MedicMike

51 toddfjc

52 Stretchmark

53 HoonTang

alternate dduelin

Yep, at least I can blame work albeit a weak excuse!

Wooo hoo!! Been too long friends!!!

Just let Dave know that I am out and that my dinner slot is now open. My 97 year old father had a wonderful life and died peacefully in bed this morning. I will be on my way to Orlando, FL this afternoon to take care of his affairs.

See you all in the Spring at START '18!

Just let Dave know that I am out and that my dinner slot is now open. My 97 year old father had a wonderful life and died peacefully in bed this morning. I will be on my way to Orlando, FL this afternoon to take care of his affairs.

Bob, I'm sorry hear about your father's passing. He lived some long years and I'm sure you'll miss him. We'll miss FARTing with you, but look forward to seeing you in the Spring.

My deepest condolences Bob. No matter how long and full the life, we always have a hole in our heart when they leave us. Be at peace my friend... :(

Sorry to hear about your father, my condolences.

Bob, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Try to remember the man he was, during this difficult time of reflection.

Keith

Bob,

So sorry to hear this.

Beth and I send our condolences.

Hope to see you soon in better times.

Bob, I'm so sorry to hear this. We will miss you, see you in the Spring I hope. Peace.